Chapter 10 - The Gore Nest

I turn around to see a very big gore nest opening. A few imps and a hell knight have already been summoned. I had to destroy this thing fast.

"Lena, go to my room and get me my suit. Angela, go get the others. I'll have some fun while you're busy."

"But (y/n), you don't have your suit."

"I held off hell for millennia before I got the suit. I can do it again."

With that I ran straight at the screaming demons. The imps were throwing their fireballs at me, but it wasn't them I was going for. I was going for the hell knight. He jumped at me, but I got round the side of him and punched the side of his head as hard as I could. He got staggered because I hit him so hard. I grabbed his head and threw it as hard as I could into a wall, causing his skull to cave in and for him to fall on the floor. I knew he wasn't dead. I got on top of him and started caving his skull in even more. Damn it felt good to beat the shit out of a demon again. I felt his skull go softer, and that's when I knew I could smash it. I stood up and put my entire force through my 1 fist and through his head, killing him.

"(Y/n), here it is."

I turned around to see Reinhardt with my suit and Lena with my 2 guns. Jack and Mccree had also shown up, giving me enough time to put my suit on. Now that I had my suit on, I ran up to the gore nest and pulled it's heart out. It gave out a deafening a scream. I was used to it but the others were extremely shocked to say the least.

I saw that there was only a few imps left. I pump a few shotgun rounds at them and that makes quick work of it.

"Is that all of 'em?" Mccree said sounding rightfully concerned.

"Hopefully." I said back.

"Is everyone ok?" Angela said, having watched the fight from afar, not being a fighter.

"Um, (y/n), not to cause any worry but is that normal?"

I looked across at Lena to see a red portal and a pentagram on the floor.

"Shit Lena get down!" I yelled, but not quick enough. A mancubus and a revenant appeared right in front of her. Before she could react, she was hit with a rocket from the revenant. I ran to help her, but the mancubus got in-between me and her. I shot one of its flamethrowers off, but it whacked me as hard as it could, throwing me across the room. I looked at the revenant. Reinhardt had put up his massive shield while Jack and Mccree were shooting at it. I looked back at the mancubus. It started taunting me by what could only be described as 'lightly tapping' the trigger of its flamethrower on her and picking her up and slamming her down. I started to feel something I haven't done in a long time. Berserk. I felt the argent flowing through my veins and the rage slowly consuming me. A ran at the mancubus at full speed and ripped it's heart out. I proceeded to shove it's heart down its throat and then picked up Lena and covered her from the shower of blood which followed from it exploding.

"Shit. You are not looking good Lena."

She was crying. Probably from pain and from trauma. I ran her over to Angela who looked her over.

"Scheiße. This is not good. JACK! Get over here."

Jack came immediately, having just killed the revenant.

"Shit this is not good. Take her to the med bay and get her patched up. (Y/n), I want you to guard the area and make sure nothing gets near her."

"Ok."

"What the hell is that!"

I looked at Mccree. He was staring at the red portal which was still open. I walk over to him and a marauder, one of my own knights sentinels who betrayed our cause, walks out.

"You were never one of us."

As he said that his argent axe lit up.

"You were nothing but a usurper, a false idol. My eyes have been opened. Let me help you to see, slayer."

I pulled my shotgun out, getting ready to fight it. I take a shot at him but he blocks it with his argent shield. He immediately strikes back by slashing at me with his argent axe. I barely dodged it, but Mccree was able to get a well placed shot in the knee in while he was doing that, allowing me to pump a shotgun round into his head. He quickly readied up again and sent a spectral hound at Mccree. Mccree pulls out a flashbang and throws it at the dog, taking it out. Meanwhile me and the marauder are dodging each others shots. He almost gets a hit on me but Reinhardt comes in and pins him against a wall. He pushes Reinhardt away but Reinhardt grabs him and throws him to the floor. I run up to him and punch his head in as hard as I can. He punches me back and is able to stand up. He's about to slash me with his argent axe but I see him stop and fall over with a sword in his back. I look up and see Genji. Genji grabs his sword and pulls it out of the marauders back. I look at the marauder. He was still breathing so I go up to him and stamp on his head, crushing it into the floor.

"Thanks Guys."

"No. Thank you, (y/n)." Genji said.

I suddenly remembered about Lena and how hurt she was.

"Shit where's Lena?"

"Angela took her back to the med bay. She's patching her up there."

"Ok."

I walked over to the med bay to see 2 overwatch soldiers standing by the door.

"Hey. Commander Morrison told us that no-one is allowed into the med bay."

I completely ignored them and walked past them into the med bay. They didn't try to stop me. They knew who I was and they didn't want get on my bad side.

"Oh hello (y/n)" Angela said.

"How's she looking?"

"Not too good. Whatever that thing was hit her hard. It also burnt her. Several of her bones are broken and her chronal accelerator is damaged. Winston should be here any minute to fix that for her."

I looked at Lena and walked over to her and crouched down by her side. She tried to look across at me, but she was in too much pain to do so. It made me hurt seeing her in pain. The last person who I cared about as much as her was the person who gave me my power, and that was several millennia ago.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yes Lena?"

"Are you ok?"

"Yes Lena I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

"What happened out there?"

"A mancubus and a revenant were summoned right next to you. You didn't have time to react before you got hit by a rocket and then smashed into the floor."

Lena was about to ask me another question but Angela interrupted.

"Lena you need to rest. Your wounds will heal much quicker if you do."

"Ok Angela."

"Lena, would you like me to stay in here with you? I don't have to sleep."

"(Y/n), you need to relax. Go to your room, lay down in your nice comfy bead. You've done a lot today."

"Ok. Goodbye Lena. Goodbye Angela."

"Goodbye, (y/n)."

As I walked back to my room, I was getting weird looks from everyone. It was only when I took my suit off did I realise it was covered in blood, and so was I. I couldn't wash my suit here, but I could wash myself. I had an amazing shower. The hot water felt so nice on my skin. After getting out the shower I dried myself off and put a new set of clothes on. I sat down on the couch and turned the TV on. I couldn't be arsed to watch the news. Instead I went onto Netflix and started watching a TV show called 'the office'. I really enjoyed it. I didn't realize how much I'd watched till I looked over at my clock and saw that it was half 10 at night. I had a glass of water then got into bed.
I couldn't stop thinking about Lena. What if I wasn't there? What if I'd left her in the training ground? What if something worse happened to her? These thoughts were going around my head until I remembered that sometimes I need to let it go. The past is in the past. I couldn't change it, I just have to be happy with what I've got. This calmed me down and I fell asleep very soon after that.