Chapter 9 - Training

I woke up on the couch, still in my armour. It was by no means comfortable, but it was still nice to sleep. I took my armour off and put it in the wardrobe. I wanted to know how Lena was doing, so I went down to the med bay to check up on her.

"Hello (y/n)." Angela greeted. "What brings you here?"

"I wanted to know how Lena's doing."

"You'll be glad to know that she's already completely healed. She's probably in the cafeteria or in the training ground."

"Thanks Angela."

With that I walked out of the med bay and to the cafeteria since it was closer and there was more chance of her being there. To my surprise, she wasn't there. I walk to the training ground to also see that she wasn't there. I turn around to walk out but she's standing right in front of me.

"Jesus Christ Lena."

"Scare you?" She says with her trademark giggle.

"You sure did give me a jump. Can't say 'scared' is a term which I would use in the same context as you."

"I scared you" she said smiling massively. "Anyway, I've got something to tell you which will make you happy."

"What is it?"

"I'm joining you on that mission tomorrow."

"How'd you convince Jack to allow that?"

"You must be pretty brave to still call him Jack. All I had to do was ask and he said yeah."

She looked at me with her big brown puppy dog eyes and I could see why he said yes. Even I could be convinced by her eyes.

"So (y/n), let's see how strong you really are. You beat Reinhardt in an arm wrestle so you must be pretty strong."

She blinked over to the heaviest single weight there was. It was a 100kg disc for a barbell. There were about 20 actually. She tries to lift one up but can't.

"Haha. Come on." I said jokingly mocking her strength.

"You try then."

I walked over to the weights and picked up the 100kg in 1 hand. I load all 20 of them onto the barbell, Lena still watching intently as I pick each one up with ease.

"That's 2 tonnes your gonna try pick up luv. You could really hurt yourself."

I smiled at this and looked at her and at the massive weights. I grabbed the bar and lift it with ease. Her mouth drops with suprise.

"Wha- HOW!" She shouts as I put the bar down. I laugh at this. "THAT'S 2 TONNES. HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU LIFT THAT!?"

I looked her dead in the eyes and put only my right hand in the center of the bar.

"There's no way you can do it 1 handed."

"Bet you I can."

"(Y/n) if you can lift that one handed, I-i...."

I cut her short by lifting the bar off the floor with only 1 hand. She looks at me speechless.

"What in the, how did you do that!?"

"Well, argent energy has it's uses."

"Argent energy? What on earth is that?"

"On earth it is nothing. I wiped it from this realm long ago. On hell though, it still exists. I was pumped with it to become what I am now. I was the only one to have it done to me. The one who knew how to do it destroyed the machine after granting me this power. He realised what it did to me. He knew that the other dimensions would not survive with more than 1 like me."

"Why did you wipe it from this realm?"

"It was too dangerous. Where it went, the demons could. It is why what is happening at the moment is happening. Urdak is having an argent energy crisis. Their main power comes straight from hell in an unholy bond. There is an argent factory in the depths of hell which converts human souls into argent energy by burning the soul until all hope is lost, then ripping the soul from the corpse. The souls are then converted into argent energy by processing them, before transporting them directly to Urdak. This is the only known way for us to get to Urdak."

"Oh my god. That's horrible"

"Yes it is. And that is why I must stop it."

"You cannot stop it."

We both turn around to see the massive Khan Maykr floating right behind us.

"For millennia we have survived. Made others sacrifice for our benefit. Who are you. A human, once a mortal to defy our traditions. I can end all of you with a single command. My powers are beyond you. Do not try me, slayer, or you will meet your demise."

Before I could reply, she left. I look at Lena. She's cowering in fear behind me, crying.

I crouch down to her level to talk to her.

"Hey hey, it's ok. She's not gonna hurt you, ok?"

"(Y-y/n), who was that?" She says while trying to stop crying into my shoulder.

"That's the Khan Maykr, ruler of Urdak. She's the one behind all of this. She's the one I'm going to kill."

Before I could continue, Angela walks in looking scared and confused.

"(Y/n), what just happened. Why is Lena crying?"

"The Khan Maykr showed herself. She's the one behind this demonic invasion."

"Oh my."

Before I could say anything else, I hear some all too familiar screeching behind me of a gore nest opening.