Chapter 40 - Plutonium

(y/n) pov

Today was the day that Minelli was supposed to be having his plutonium exchange. Vega had found out that it was going to be behind the queen's head bar at 8:30 pm. Me and Lena got up at 9 am so we had time to train, prepare and run over the mission plan again.

Time: 1 hour before mission.

Me and Lena had finished our training and were fully prepared. Lena had gotten used to using her new knife when it was required and had become so good at using it that she could take on a prowler with nothing but it.

"So luv, are you ready?" Lena giggled as she picked her guns and knife up from the table. She put her guns in her side pockets and put her knife on the outside of her arm in a custom designed slot so it could be neurally extended and retracted, just like mine.

"Ready as I could be." I said as I picked my super shotgun, crucible and heavy assault rifle up.

Vega opened a portal to the rooftop above the location for us and we stepped through.

"Remember." I said. "Main priority is the plutonium. If Minelli dies, that's fine. If it all goes to shit, you get the hell outta here and I secure as much plutonium as possible. Got it?"

"Got it." Lena replied, looking serious for once.

"And now, we wait."

I sat down as Lena paced around the rooftop, waiting for Minelli to show up. I had my HUD open the entire time, waiting for Vega to pick up life signals of them. Soon enough, they arrived.

"Lena." I said as I signalled her over. We looked over the edge and saw that there was Minelli, someone with an armoured suitcase and about 15 armed guards.

"Right then. I jump down behind Minelli, distracting all the guards. You then jump behind the other guy and take the plutonium. Kill everyone but Minelli then head to Jack. Got it?"

"Sure thing luv."

As I said that, I jumped down behind Minelli. Everyone looked in shock at me. All of the guards raised there guns at me.

"Oh hello, doom slayer. We have you outnumbered and surrounded, you have no hope. Leave now or we will kill you."

I looked around at the guards. I looked at the guy with the plutonium and smiled as I saw Lena silently drop down behind them, unnoticed. I turned to the nearest guards and smashed his skull in. They all started firing at me. I drew my super shotgun and started blasting the guards nearest to me. I killed three before one came up behind me and tried to strangle me. I elbowed him in the face, caving his skull in. He fell backwards against the wall and slid to the floor. I walked over to him and kicked his skull into the wall. I turned around just as another guy charged me. I grabbed him by his neck and lifted him up before throwing him as hard as I could at the wall, causing almost every bone in his body to break. The remaining guards were shooting me as I walked over to the guard which I'd just thrown around like he was nothing. I kicked his skull into the wall before drawing my heavy assault rifle. I aimed down the scope and fired at the 3 remaining guards. I hit 2, ripping their bodies to pieces and was about to fire at the 3rd when Lena blinks over and knocks him to the wall. She draws her blade out and thrusts it right through the guards head.

I smiled and walked back over to Minelli, seeing just how many guards Lena had killed herself.

"Don't think I'm scared about being outnumbered." I said to him as he fell to the floor. Lena walked over to me with the suitcase in her hand.

"Well luv, it's time to head to Jack." She said. I was about to knock Minelli out when I heard a sniper round echo through the alley. Instinctively, I got in-between where I thought it was coming from and Lena. After I didn't feel or hear anything and saw that Lena was fine, I looked at Minelli to see that he had a hole right through the direct centre of his head. His lifeless corpse fell to the floor.