Chapter 31 - Urdak

(y/n) pov

The argent had sent me through into a super futuristic room with only 1 entrance in it. I walked over to the door and it opened itself for me. As I stepped through and outside, I got the first ever look at Urdak. There were massive futuristic buildings, monuments and an amazing sky filled with planets, moons and colourful clouds. It was beautiful, but not as much as Lena.

I started walking around the building which I started in to see if I could find anything of any use. I came to a green pad on the floor. I stood on it and an orange ring appeared Infront of me. I had a feeling that I had to jump through it, so I did. As soon as I hit it, my body got propelled forwards and towards a landing platform. As I landed on my feet, I looked left to see another green pad. I stood on that and yet another orange ring appeared, so I jumped through that as well. I had to do this twice more before I believed I was finished.

As I landed down for the final time, I looked up to see a big corridor with trees, fancy lights and statues along the sides. One thing you definitely could not call the Khan Maykr was humble.

There was a door at the end of the corridor so I walked up to it. As I neared it, it opened up.

"Welcome seraphim." A voice said.

As I walked in, I saw the icon of sin, dormant with lots of Maykr drones and the Khan Maykr herself worshipping a heart, the betrayer's son's heart.

"You cannot stop the procession." The Khan Maykr said.

I kept walking around the heart. All of the drones ignored me and continued on with their ritual.

I pulled my knife out and extended the blade of the dagger which the betrayer had given me in Exultia.

"We will not be able to control it!" The Khan Maykr shouted. I completely ignored her and pushed the drones aside. I ran up to the heart and stabbed it with the dagger.

"Noooooo!" She shouted. As I implanted the dagger into the heart, it started beating faster and faster. It eventually exploded. As it did so, we heard an explosion. We all turned to the icon of sin to see that some of his connecting supports and been broken. The icon then began to move. he started taking breaths at first, but eventually started to move his head and arms around. He roared deafeningly, breaking all of the supports as he did so. A portal opened up behind him. As it did so, he turned around, breaking the platform we were standing on. He walked through the portal and it closed behind him. The Khan Maykr flew away, but I couldn't. I fell off the platform and fell all the way to the bottom. I hit the floor, bit didn't really feel anything. I stood up and got my shotgun out, ready to fight.

"To get out of Urdak, you must reactivate 3 portal rings." Hayden said to me. "You must hurry as well, for the longer the icon of sin is on earth, the stronger he will become."

"I will make the first portal location on your HUD." Vega said. As he did so, I yellow marker about 200 metres away from me lit up. To get to it, I had to go through this room, into the vents and through a corridor at the end. Simple enough.

As soon as I said that, the room filled with demons.

"By awakening the icon of sin inside of Urdak, the holy seal of Urdak has been broken and the demons can cross through the void like never before." Hayden said. "Her Hubris has spoiled paradise."

I didn't really care why the demons were here, but all I knew was that I had to get out of here and get back to earth as quickly as possible.

A hell knight lept at me. I dodged out of the way and started unloading full auto shotgun rounds into him. He didn't last too long Infront of me. My next target were the prowlers. There were 3 of them, so they shouldn't be too hard to kill. I pulled my super shotgun out and waited for one to appear. As soon as one did, I grappled onto it and point blank blew it's head off. I gave the other 2 prowlers the same treatment.