Chapter 27 - Return

We landed in the med bay. Angela was already there at her desk. As we landed she stood up and got her gun out. After she realised it was us she put it down.

"Oh my god." Angela said while turning around to put his gun down. "You, you're alive." As she turned around to us, she looked in horror at my lung. "Oh my god! What happened?" She said as she ran over to me and starting inspecting my wounds.

"He was right next to the reactor when it exploded, burrying him alive under all of that." Lena said. "He got impaled by that and passed out from the pain. When you guys left, he must've woken up, because he forced his way to the top and to the surface. I didn't realise how badly he got hurt."

"Oh my, come here and sit down, (y/n)." I sat down on the bed which she told me to. "You must be in so much pain right now."

"It hurts, but not too much." I said.

"I wouldn't recommend talking, your lungs will heal faster if you just let them rest."

Lena was standing next to me holding my hand. Angela had walked over and had filled a syringe with something and had grabbed a cauterizer and a lot of bandages.

"I'm going to have to remove that metal spike. It will not be easy and it will be quite painful."

Me and Lena looked at each other. Lena looked slightly distressed, but she knew I would have to have had it done. I looked at Angela who had put on a pair of rubber gloves and a small face mask covering her mouth and nose.

"Are you ready, (y/n)?" She said.

"Yeah go for it."

Angela walked up to me and injected the syringe into me. I'd never had a syringe in me before, but I didn't know what it felt like because I was more focussed on the pain and on Lena. Once Angela had injected the fluid, she grabbed the metal bar and started to pull it out of me. Luckily, it didn't go all the way through me, only just to about the centre of my lung. As she pulled it out, blood started coming out with it.

"Lena, try to stop the blood flow with those." Angela said nodding at the bandages. Lena grabbed some of the bandages and started to try to block the blood from coming out of me. Angela kept slowly pulling it out. I could definitely feel the pain, but whatever she injected into me greatly reduced it.

"Just a little more left." As she said that, she pulled the spike all the way out of my body. Lena grabbed more bandages and started soaking the blood up. Angela picked up the cauterizer and turned it on.

"Lena, I'm going to have to cauterize it. I'm going to need you to move the bandages."

"Ok.

As Lena said that, she moved the bandages and let Angela cauterize the wounds. I heard it sizzling slightly and looked down to see Angela seeking my wounds closed. She grabbed some stitches and started to stitch my wound up together.

I looked at Lena and smiled. Just her presence made me feel happier. I looked into her eyes to distract me from the pain, which although was numbed, was still quite bad.

"Lena, bandages." Lena suddenly came back to reality and handed Angela some bandages. Angela started putting them over my now stitched up wound to protect the stitches and absorb the last of the blood. Once she'd completely covered my wounds, she said took a step back and sighed.

"Is he ok?" Lena asked.

"Yes, I thinks he's fine now. I haven't had to do an open surgery in a while and I'm just glad that's it's complete."

I stood up and walked over to Angela.

"Thank you Angela." I said as went to shake her hand.

"Are you sure you want to shake my hand? It's covered in blood."