Chapter 7 - Assault

After calming down and thanking Lena for making me realise that I'm not alone, she realised it was getting late so she said goodbye and headed back to her room. I went into my bedroom and laid down on my bed, thinking about what she just taught me. I thought about it for a while, how she said that I'm not alone and that sometimes i just need to let go. If this was any other day, I would have not slept and continued upgrading and improving my armour and weapons, but as she just told me, I needed to let go sometimes. I told Vega to set an alarm for tomorrow morning at whatever time he deemed reasonable and I went to sleep.

The next morning I wake up to the sound of an alarm.

"Vega, turn the alarm off." I say.

"I cannot."

"Why?"

"That is the alarm for the Overwatch base when there are intruders or attackers."

"Shit."

I grabbed my suit and threw it on as quick as I could. I pick up my shotgun and walk outside my door to find Lena in the yellow jumpsuit she was in yesterday in the hell priest's temple.

"What's happening?" I ask her.

"We're being attacked, but I don't think it's demons."

"Who else could it be?"

"Talon."

I look at her confused, not knowing who talon were.

"Talon are a secret organisation which are trying to bring change to the world through conflict. My data scans show that they have UAC  interns and are trying to use hell's armies to accomplish that."

"Shit." Me and Lena both say simultaneously.

There's a lot of gunfire down the corridor so we decide we should probably go and help out. I'm expecting to see tons of demons, but it's just red and black soldiers.

"(y/n) get down!" 

I look and see Lena crouching behind a pillar. I don't need to hide from these enemies. Their shots do no damage to me whatsoever. I ready my shotgun and run straight at them. Bullets are hitting my suit and visor, but none of them are doing anything. When i get close enough, I start pumping round after round into any and all of the soldiers who get too close to me.

"(y/n), look out!" 

I hear Lena shout that at me before having a high powered rifle bullet hit me right in my visor. All it did was leave a small crack. I go to shoot at the purple woman who shot it at me but before I could I see Lena blink around her and start firing her pistols at the purple woman. I look to my right and see Reinhardt in a fight with a huge soldier. I run over to the huge soldier and stick my arm mounted blade right through the soldiers head. As I pull my blade out, I pulled half of his head out with it.

"Thank you (y/n)." The big German warrior said to me before continuing to smash nearby soldiers into the floor. 

I look up at Lena and see her also in a hand to hand fight but with the purple lady. I run up the stairs to her, killing any soldiers i come across with my bare fists, before coming up to the floor with Lena and the purple lady. I see that the purple lady is pinning Lena down with a knife to her throat. They both look at me and before the purple lady can react, my fist goes right into her face, knocking her clean off the floor and making her fall down to the bottom. 

"Are you okay, Lena?" I ask, genuinely concerned for somebody else's health for the first time ever.

"Arh. Yes." she replied, however I could see that she wasn't. She had several cuts and gashes, presumably from the fight with the purple woman, and from what I saw of their fight while coming up the stairs, she more than likely had a broken leg.

She goes to stand up but falls over. I'm able to catch her before she hits the floor though. The purple lady was able to get back up to our floor with her grappling hook and starts firing at us. I get my body in-between her and Lena, knowing I can take the shots no problem at all. I go to fire at her but she looks at me with a scowl and jumps back off.

"Run cowards!" I hear Reinhardt shout at them, making me believe that their attack is over.

Lena tries to stand up but winces from the pain and falls over again. I pick her up and start carrying her down the stairs.

"Thanks luv." She says to me, while still obviously in quite a lot of pain.

"No problem."

She tries to do her signature giggle at that, but starts coughing instead.