Arc 1: Chapter 1

All I hear is moaning from the walkers. I wreak of rotting flesh. I look down at AJ, he remains calm as I carry him through the horde. I try to remember what Jane said when we escaped Howe's. Keep calm, walk slow, be one of them.

I trudge past so many walkers, these monsters who were once people. I begin to think of everyone. I'm alone again. I've lost everyone, Luke, Jane, Kenny. I killed Kenny, He killed Jane. Luke drowned. As I think of everyone I lost I begin to cry, I don't have time to cry right now. I can cry once I escape the herd. I can finally see the way out. Just as I make it out, AJ begins to cry.

"Shit." I say as the walkers draw closer and closer to us.

I run into the woods, the walkers still following. All I have to do is continue running. AJ is still crying, his crying is going to keep drawing the walkers.

"Hey, AJ." I say in a childish voice to hopefully stop him from crying. Luckily he calms down after that.

I keep running as the sound of the walkers fade away. We are safe for now, but we need to keep moving. I slowdown my pace and walkthrough the woods. I feel for my gun but it's gone.

"Oh God." I say. I be extra careful now that I'm defenses with a baby. "We have to find somewhere safe to stay for the night." I say to AJ. He just looks up at me and gurgles.

While I walk I'm alerted with gunshots in the distance. I begin to tense up and survey my surroundings.

"Ok, no walkers." I say in relief. While I walk I see a house, it looks like the cabin I was at before. I think of Luke and I want to cry again. As I approach the house I see walkers. Dozens of them all inside the cabin.

This book is currently under revision and will be for quite a while. I'm going to be making many changes in this book. Thanks for reading, I love you all!