Shreds

"HARUKA..." Atsumu's obtrusive eyes scared the living hell out of her. "If I... ever see you or hear you again... I swear to Kami, I'LL BURN THE WHOLE PLACE DOWN!"

"A-Atsumu san!" She tried to approach him but he moved backwards "Don't come any closer. I really might kill you" he turned the other way and went back to the bus. He sat with the coach as Haruka silently sat in her seat by herself with tears in her eyes. Her hands were cold, her feet were numb and her ears were deaf to all the noise. She silently sat without a word all the way back looking at the back of his head just moments away from her reach but all she could hear echoing inside her skull was "I REALLY LOVED YOU, HARUKA! AND YOU TURNED OUT TO BE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE"

—————

Atsumu first looked at Haruka after his final toss. His teammates jumped on him in joy after beating Itachiyama in what had become a game of endurance.

"Congratulations" she sweetly smiled at him "Thank you"

"What for?" He asked trying to read her.

"For fulfilling your promise" she had tears in her eyes but for the first time in forever it was out of joy. "You did well" she softly said. Even though she didn't say much, he knew she was saying it with all her heart. Her small smile that tried to hide her tears, her soft angelic voice that rang in his ears every time she called his name, he knew she meant it with all her heart and he was the happiest person in the whole wide world.

He winked at her as soon as he got his best setter award and tried to take her away but was swarmed by the girls. The team was still in the air, their eyes still unable to believe the championship trophy in their hands.

Haruka looked at her phone.

Sakusa san (3)

I've been looking for you.

Where are you?

It's an emergency.

Everyone was still so engrossed in celebrating. She called to ask where he was.

"Still at the gymnasium. Right around the corner" he sounded rather low.

"Okay" she said walking out since she didn't want to disrupt their celebration or her boyfriend's photo sessions.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

He looked paler than usual as he took his mask off, his eyes were droopy like he was drunk but that was just how upset he was.

"How can I be alright after abandoning my only best friend?" What seemed like a scowl on his face dropped into a a guilty frown.

"It's okay. I've... forgiven you" she awkwardly said. Even though it was only a year apart she still felt weird.

"You forgive me?" He scowled again "What's the use of that if I don't forgive myself?"

She sweatdropped. "Mattaku..."

"Wait. What was so urgent?" She remembered his message.

"Oh... I wanted to see you before you left"

"Are you serious?"