Hiccup

Atsumu looked at her twinkling eyes shining even brighter than the fireworks. The light flush on her cheeks under the illuminating night sky was creating a blanket of tension around him, he painted the gorgeous look on her face into his mind.

"Tsumu san, you're missing the fireworks" she broke his train of thought.

"I'd miss the look on your face otherwise" he mumbled to himself before he took a picture of hers when she was lost looking at the sky again.

"HARUKA!!!" The two came running "Oh, you're here. We were so worried when we couldn't find you"

Atsumu's glare shut them both up "Why'd you bring her if you couldn't keep her with you?"

"Ah, we got a little too excited. We're sorry" Osamu apologised.

"You hungry, love?" He asked Haruka and she nodded.

"Wait" Osamu said.

"Are you two back together??!!" Yumiko asked and when Atsumu smiled she jumped at Haruka "AH, I WAS SO DONE WITH THE ANGST"

"Oh, don't put it like that. Author-chan likes it" Haruka said.

"I want grilled Tofu!" She said and they headed back into the crowd.

Atsumu wasn't talking much. Not because he was uncomfortable there but because he was nervous. For the first time. And around Haruka.

"Why are you so jumpy today?" Yumiko hit his shoulder to loosen up.

"N-Nothing" he shuffled in his feet.

"Hic!" they heard a small hiccup and turned to look at Haruka's guilty face.

"Haru! Are you alright?!!" Atsumu asked in horror. He was already overreacting.

"I'm f-Hic!" She politely covered her lips.

Haruka's hiccup wasn't dying down soon. She drank a gallon of water and did every breathing exercise they knew of. Atsumu's fingers dragged his hair in worry "We need to go to the hospital"

"Hic! No" she said.

"Samu, scare her!" Yumiko internally applauded herself at the idea.

"Don't you dare!" Atsumu stepped in between them.

"Hic!"

"Ahh... baby, I wish I knew what to-" he paused when he looked at her face and an idea struck his mind. It was the worst one ever but he was willing to give it a try. It was a suicide mission, a feat with death itself. He put his nervousness aside for a second and finally decided to take his chances.

He swiftly held her wrist and pulled her hand away from her face before colliding his lips against hers and her eyes went saucers.

He smiled into the kiss when she'd finally stopped and gently pulled back, holding her tight so her feet wouldn't give up on her because of the shock "That's a weird way to ask for a kiss" he smirked and she shrunk into a puddle.

"TSUMU WHAT THE-"

"YOU DID NOT!!"

"I didn't want to see that" Osamu groaned.

"Well, I did. But now I don't want to anymore" Yumiko pouted "You guys are too cute together. I want a boyfriend too"

"Atsumu Senpaiiii!!!" His heart struck an arrow when he heard that voice.

"Kiara?" He let out a breathy whisper, his hand holding Haruka's tight because the last time she showed up like that, shit went down.

"What is she doing here??" She said in disgust "Didn't you leave her or something? You told me you didn't want to even see her face again"

Atsumu stared at her blankly knowing that what he just got was slipping away from between his fingers. That's what he thought until he felt a pair of small, warm hands wrap around his torso.

"Atsu san, we're getting late" she looked up at his dreading face and knew just how uncomfortable he looked.

"H-Haruka..." he was going to tell her how sorry he was all over again. He didn't want to lose her for the second time. He'd really kill himself if things messed up this time.

"I don't care what people say" she smiled and Kiara loudly scoffed. "I know you"

Atsumu was tongue tied. Osamu and Yumiko were going to intervene but since Haruka took control of it they stepped back.

"You're seriously going to just waltz back into his life and try to control him again? He was a better person without you"

"KIARA!"

"Stop annoying him" Haruka glared at her "Stop pissing him off. And stop acting like you're his girlfriend"

"I..." Kiara wasn't expecting Haruka to say that. Nobody was.

"I was his girlfriend"

"I'm sure you've had your share of fun and games when you were his girlfriend, but leave him alone when he wants you to"

"YOU'RE A CHEATER! YOU DON'T DESERVE HIM!"

Haruka took a peek at his bereaved face. He was so anxious that she'd leave, his arms were shaky and his throat was dry. He did not want the ghosts of his past haunting him when things were beginning to fall into place.

"You're right. I really don't deserve someone as nice" she smiled at Kiara "But he certainly doesn't deserve someone as vile and dumb like you"

"How dare-"

"If he's sad for even a second after you leave, I will spill all your spoiled beans. Trust me, I can" she held Atsumu's hand "Let's go home. You don't have to deal with this"

She used all her energy to pull his mortified figure out of that place. He didn't utter a single word till they got back home.

"Tsumu!" Yumiko tried to break his cage. "It's okay! Haruka's still here"

"She'll... leave again" his eyes hopefully looked at his cousin.

"She won't" Osamu assured, sitting him in the kitchen stool behind the breakfast island.

"I'll make something for dinner" Haruka said donning the apron "Atsu san, what do you want to eat?"

"The ramen..." he said "the Italian flavoured one"

"Oh, he's been trying to learn that for almost every day after you guys broke up" Osamu day beside him.

"What? It's really easy" she giggled and he giddily looked at his feet.

"I'll make cheese toast" Yumiko offered.

"Sure. Cz that's the only thing you can make." Osamu laughed "I'll make Onigiri!"

Atsumu dropped her home after dinner and she pulled him inside.

"Where's your mother?"

"Tokyo" she mumbled before tugging him down by his collar for a kiss. Atsumu swiftly picked her up and blindly navigated towards the living room before setting her down on the couch. His gingerbread eyes hovered over her face, his hands tracing her skin to take her presence as his gospel, soaking in her warmth, his heart hankering to not lose her touch even if the world flipped over. He said his final goodbyes to the world he knew, he was going to give it up for hers as soon as he kissed her again.

"I love you, princess" he wrung it from his heart "and you taught me how to"