Manager

I always have a magnetic notebook under my table so I had to put it in there. Sorry for the useless details

Thanks for the support, it means so much to me. I hope you guys are doing well. Drink lots of water and stay healthy okay? I love you guys so much ♥️

"I don't know if I should do this" she gulped.

"Hey, just between us..." he leaned closer to her "You ace at volleyball already and you're a genius so that's gonna help us a lot, we need you"

Her cheeks dusted with pink and she hesitantly nodded. To say Haruka had Atsumu's undivided attention all day would only be belittling. He sat watching her in class the whole time, from the very last bench to the first. He didn't bother listening to the lessons since he knew she'd teach him. The only time he had to be away from her was during lunch because she always sat back in class. Him and Osamu convinced the rest of the team to have her as their manager and everyone thought the twins had lost it.

"Look, if she isn't compatible with the team, we'll find a new manager. I'll take that responsibility" Osamu said and their captain finally agreed. Kita and Rintaro, who were in their second year, mentally declared them as nutcases but decided to give it a try. She was a better bet than all the other Miya fangirls queueing outside the doors of the gym every evening.

"That's a bold statement considering you're still first years" their captain, Saito Niwatori said and the second years gulped.

"All you gotta to do is say yer name and greet them with a smile" Atsumu said and she nodded walking inside the gym.

"We found our manager, the spot isn't vacant anymore" Osamu said to the crowd outside and they whined. Some of them even booed at Haruka which she effortlessly ignored.

She saw the lineup inside like they were waiting for her and freaked out big time with how tall and intimidating they all looked. "Welcome to our team. We're grateful you agreed to join us" Their captain stepped forward and they all bowed "Arigatogozaimashita"

"N-Nice to meet you all" she politely bowed "I'm Haruka"

"Just Haruka?"

"Just Haruka" she said not wanting to disclose her last them because if she did, all her efforts to hide her identity would say 'game over'

"So the pricks told me they briefed you on everything a manager does..." Saito said with a warm smile.

"They did" she nodded.

"I'm Saito Niwatori, captain for now" he formally introduced himself and everyone followed.

"Please make yourself comfortable, we'll begin practice without any further delay" he said and she nodded. His smile dropped as he turned to his teammates "GET YOUR LEGS MOVING!"

She was startled by his sudden change in behaviour and watched his teammates scurry to warm up.

"His name literally means Chicken but don't mistake him for one" Atsumu said leaning towards her and she nodded, still frightened about the all the tall guys she had to mingle with. She introduced herself to the coach who was very welcoming of her and chuckled to himself as she sat on the bench tightly clutching her notebook against her chest and watched them play.

Her attention fell on Atsumu when the noise in the gym died down. They patiently waited for him to serve with dead silence and she couldn't understand why "He needs absolute silence to serve his best" the coach said.

"But isn't that hard during matches?" She asked.

"Everyone from school knows about it so they tend to usually stay silent" he said "But when they don't he's the angriest apricot on the face of earth"

"Oh" She said but when she watched him serve, her eyes went as wide as they could get. She barely saw the ball go.

"Service Ace!" His side of the court cheered.

Three ace serves later, it was the coach who was shocked. "Left" she mumbled reading his body language as he jumped to smash the ball from outside the court and the ball fell just inches away from the left boundary.

"How did you know?!" The coach asked and everyone stopped to look at her.

"Oh... t-that" she pushed her glasses back in place "His arm... the direction..."

"Sensei?" Niwatori asked.

"Atsumu, serve again" the coach said "try to not give away the direction this time"

"Mendokuse..." he muttered walking back out.

"Try again" the coach told her and she stood near the court. If she could actually tell the direction of the ball she would be one of the team's greatest assets.

She carefully studied Atsumu as he took big strides towards the court and jumped, swinging his hand to hit the ball.

"Centre" she said without blinking and Niwatori quickly reacted to her voice, moving towards the middle to finally receive his serve. But his receive wasn't connected since they all stood gaping at Haruka like they saw a spirit in real life.

Niwatori was never one to have his tongue tied but he couldn't talk. Atsumu was disappointed since they received his serve but when he realised that it was because she assisted, he couldn't be prouder of his girl.

'Wait what?' He shook his head.

He flared when he saw all the boys on his team gawking at her.

"Whoever said she should be on the team deserves a promotion" The coach laughed in appraisal and Osamu has a proud smirk on his face.

"Haruka, since the inter high is very close could you make notes on all the players? I want them to work better on their strengths and weaknesses"

"I will" she nodded before getting into it.

"WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME? GET PRACTISING!" The coach yelled. It was Niwatori's first time being told off and the team didn't know what to comprehend. If their new manager was a genius or that their perfectionist Captain got yelled at.

When she got her very own jersey which matched the team's outfit she was ecstatic.

"Do you like it?" Kita asked and she smiled wide like a happy baby. "I do! Thank you so much"

Atsumu just stared at her, he'd never seen her smile let alone so bright. He felt his heart skip a beat, they skipped a few more beats when he realised that he wasn't the only one watching her gorgeous smile.

He studied with her everyday after practice and walked her home. He'd shoo Osamu away sometimes so he'd have her full attention and the dark haired twin would scowl.

She was exhausted after long practice. Their practice on the day before inter high was too much and it was the day the manager had most work. She fell asleep in the library and he leaned close to her face watching her take small, labouring breaths. That was the closest he'd been to her and if she woke up she'd scream in fright. He looked at her zero glasses on the table and softly spoke to her sleeping figure "Who are you hiding from?" He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. She mumbled something in her sleep and her face scrunched a little. He tried to softly caress her head but she jolted awake as soon as she felt his touch. "Hey, it's me" he held her hand.

"I... I'm sorry I fell asleep" she said and as much as he wanted to ask her he let it slide.

"It's okay. You look tired. Let me walk you home" he said and before she could protest he was already walking her home.

She was listening to him talk about the other teams they might face tomorrow, he was very confident that they'd go to the nationals again. He didn't realise that she had stopped dead in her tracks and when he turned around to look at her he swore he'd never seen anyone so scared.

Haruka saw someone passing in the car, if God asked her to make one person disappear from her life it would be that person. The person because of whom she had to leave Tokyo.

Haruka was so frightened she felt her brain shut down before she saw black. Atsumu had the biggest scare of his life when she dropped on the ground.

"HARUKA!!"