I Bet My Life

When the sprinklers began working she couldn't thank the gods any more than she already had.

"Atsumu san... let's go"

He wouldn't move. His arms were still tightly wrapped around her even though he was unconscious. When the firemen came past the debris closing the exit she was relieved.

They quickly took Atsumu out and she rushed out after. She fell on her knees and deeply breathed the outside air. She was forever going to be thankful for getting to freely breathe oxygen.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM???" Rika attacked her as they took him to the hospital in the ambulance waiting for him.

"HE'S LIKE THAT BECAUSE OF YOU!! BECAUSE YOU RUINED HIM!"

"RIKA!" Osamu silenced her and picked Haruka up "Are you okay?"

She stayed silent.

"Haruka..." he said "He's going to be okay"

"He... he couldn't breathe" she began weeping "If something happened-"

"It's going to be your fault because he went inside searching for you"

"Aniya, why are you even here?? All you do is talk trash. Why didn't you go inside then? Didn't you just stand there and watch him go? She saved my brother so you better shut up!" and with that he wasn't the calmer Miya anymore.

"Samu san..." Haruka whispered "Arigato"

"Let's take you to the hospital. Those wounds won't treat themselves" he mumbled before taking her to the hospital and the rest of the team joined.

Hours later when he woke up, the first thing Atsumu looked for was Haruka, who he remembered holding in his arms. "H-Ha..." his throat hurt.

"You shouldn't talk" the doctor said. "Rest your vocal cord for a few days. The fumes have damaged it a little so it'll hurt when you talk"

"Haruka..." he still spoke.

"You want me to call Haruka for you?" The doctor asked and he nodded.

Haruka sat waiting for the doctor to come out.

"Haruka?" The doctor called and she bolted towards him followed by the others.

"Yes???"

"He's asking for you."

"How is he?!"

"He's okay. His throat is really bad so you shouldn't let him talk... at all" the doctor said letting them in.

Atsumu was the happiest person seeing her run towards his bed with tears in her eyes. She was worried for him and that's the only reason he smiled.

His rejoice faded once he saw Osamu's hand hold her shoulder.

"Atsumu san..." she softly said "You're okay... oh, thank Kami"

She looked at his leg in a cast "Are you hurting?" She asked and he shook his head.

"YOU LOSER!!!"

"WHY WOULD YOU MINDLESSLY RUN LIKE THAT!?"

"AIRHEAD!!"

Osamu just bit his lip and looked at his brother. He was so angry, so hurt that his eyes were reddening from the tears that were forming.