Lucid

The team gawked at Haruka when she walked into the gym in shorts. It wasn't her day and she slid into shorts because it was easier than her regular manager pants.

Atsumu internally growled when he saw her but he was even more flustered when he saw all the boys from his team look at her.

Halfway through practice he realised what was distracting his team from playing their best- her long, soft legs. If they weren't his teammates he'd have gone on a rampage.

He angrily went to sip on his water but his eyes wouldn't stop wandering up her gorgeous legs and when he stopped at the hem of her shorts he couldn't bring himself to imagine the things the other guys would've thought about her. He quickly took his jacket off and swung it over her legs. "Hold that for me"

"Okay" she tried to take it off her to place it on the bench.

"Don't put my precious jacket anywhere else" he angrily said and she thought he was throwing a tantrum. She however agreed thinking he wasn't having a nice day either. Atsumu practiced in relief when he saw that his jacket adequately covered her legs.

"Where's Osamu san?" She asked noticing how he wasn't at school or at practice.

"He's in Hokkaido to meet our aunt."

"You didn't go?"

"How would you get through school alone?" He smirked. He was a little extra protective towards her after what happened that morning. His team had begun to wonder if he had begun to develop feelings for their manager. He was damn cocky when they talked to her during lunch.

"The annual festival began just yesterday. Since yer new here I wanted to take you there" he said after evening practice.

"I'm not new or anything but that sounds nice"

"Have you been to one before?" He asked and she shook her head.

"Let's go then" he said.

"Now?"

"Now"

"I should change"

"You look just fine" he said but regretted seeing those shorts again.

"O-Okay then, I'll... text home and let them know I'll be late" she said and he nodded.

Haruka had a shockwave run down her body when he held her hand "Stay close" he said eyeing the crowd with a serious look on his face.

They went about the stalls, eating absolute junk.

"Oh, this is so good" her eyes glowed and he forgot where he was "Thank you for bringing me here"

"I'd do anything for ya" his tongue slipped.

"What?" She couldn't hear him amdist the noise.

"Nothing. There are a few performances there, we should go see" he said lacing his hand in hers again before taking her with him.

His temper rose to the tip of his head seeing a few of them eye her. When a bunch of guys tried to stand closely beside her he swiftly put his hand around her waist pulled her towards him. Her face went pink when her body pressed against his side and she stood awkwardly still in his arm.

"We're right on time" he said as he pulled along the river bank. People were waiting for the fireworks to start. He took her away from them and to an empty spot where there weren't a lot of people and she looked around gripping his hand tighter.

"It's okay" he assured her with a smirk "This is the best place to watch the fireworks from."

"How do you know this place?"

"Samu and I come here every year. He ruined it last year by bringing Aniya with him" he scoffed and she giggled.

She had nothing to say when the fireworks began. As much as Atsumu wanted to watch it with her he couldn't take his eyes off of her. His hand slowly inched towards her face and removed her glasses for her and she looked at him with a big smile on her face. He stopped thinking, his brain crashed worse than the stocks during a recession.

He gently cupped her face and she shivered under his hold "You're so beautiful" he said and her cheeks went crimson.

"Please don't hate me for this" he took his leap of faith and kissed her. Haruka was stunned but not moments later she was lost in the feeling of it, she liked him but never had the courage to come in terms with it because, 1. She was certain that he wouldn't fall for someone like her, 2. She was scared of what had happened and 3. She knew she was too damaged for a relationship and didn't want him to bear it because he deserved much better.

Her hands shakily held his neck. But soon, fear overtook her system and she pulled back. She was fully lucid now, her high had settled down.

"I'm sorry" she said.

"What's wrong?" His eyes worriedly scanned her face. "Princess, what's wrong??"

"You shouldn't." She shook her head as tears formed in her eyes "I'm not who you think I am"

"Really?" He asked "So who are you?"

"I'm not someone who you should be with" she began to cry and his heart strained.

"And who should I be with?" He didn't know if he was more angry or hurt.

"Someone better" she said.

"Haruka, I won't tolerate ya talking crap" he snapped but he wanted to prove her bad so wrong "Look at me" he wiped her tears away. "I know you"

"You don't-"

"I've been looking for you ever since you saved my ass" his accent flattened out since he was carefully thinking his next words.

"Did he tell you?" She cried in betrayal.

"Not by choice" he sighed before dropping the bomb. "Your mother told me everything"

That was her demise right there "What?"

"Haruka, don't worry about him. He's coming no where close to you" he assured her.

"No" she said "I don't want you in my mess"

"It's not your mess it's his!" He put his arms around her to hold her tight as she wept in his arms "I'm not leaving. You can push me away all you want but you decided to butt into my life when my brother asked you to save me and that's on you."

She was so mad at him for being so cocky. "Please..."

"I don't want you to answer me now." He said placing his forehead against hers "Take your time, but at the end of the day know that I'm here"

"Why are you doing this?" She said as he gently rubbed her face.

"Because I love you"

————

"Now that's a good picture" Aniya smirked as she looked into her camera eyeing the picture she clicked before she called someone and Aiko grunted when she saw Atsumu in the picture kissing Haruka like he meant it.

"Hey, remember I spoke to you three days ago?" She said.

"Yes, what is it?" The sadistic voice asked.

"You wanted proof that I knew your Haru chan. I'm sending you a picture" she sent the picture from her camera to her phone before forwarding it to him and heard him angrily yell "NANI???"

"Please come get your girl, she's a nuisance. We don't want her here"