Sick

Haruka woke up in the most heavenly yet scary position ever. Between the twins. She quickly slid away, changed and checked if Yumiko was awake before she fled back home.

"Oh, Kami! What if everything went wrong?" She smacked her head before getting into the shower. She was going to be late for school.

Atsumu was already waiting outside for her "We're gonna be late, Haru" he said.

"Happy Birthday" she smiled "Sumimasen"

They heard something from the end of the road and saw Osamu charging at them in full speed before he came to an abrupt near them.

"Ohayo" he almost dropped on the road with all the fatigue.

"Happy Birthday to you too" she pulled him up and put his arm over her shoulder only to have Atsumu pull him away from her and put him on his back. "You can't walk? I'll carry you" he was fuming.

Haruka eyed Osamu on his brother's back 'Are you even serious about this?'

'Of course I am, it's working out well'

'No, it's not'

"Is there something I need to know?" Atsumu was gasping for air. His brother was heavy.

"No"

"Nothing" they said.

Atsumu was spasming by the time he reached school and Osamu hopped off his back and made his way inside the gates, whistling his favourite tune.

"Are you alright?"

"YEAH!"

She held his hand to help him walk to class but barely after a few steps in, Osamu jogged back towards them "Haru, we're going to be kicked out of class!" He held her hand and pulled her with him.

Atsumu's heart crumbled to dust when her hand slipped away from his hold. He tried to grab onto her hand again but she was beyond his reach. He felt the ground from under his feet swallow him but when he realised that he didn't, he wished it did.

"Atsumu san!" He heard her voice as his brother led her away from him "Run fast!"

He gripped the sling of his bag diverted all his energy to his feet and sprinted after listening to her. He sat like a dead man in class. It wasn't a happy birthday anymore. Everyone wished the twins but Atsumu was very glum the whole day. Every time she talked to him Osamu interrupted them. Every time he approached her Osamu was already there. She was so comfortable around him Atsumu backed away by evening.

"Atsumu san!" He was walking back home alone skipping practice.

"Why aren't you at the gym they're searching for you" she asked "Are you okay?" She touched his forehead and he simply nodded without uttering a syllable. "You're a little too warm" his face looked pale.

"Why are you so sad on your birthday?"

"I don't like it anymore" he mumbled looking at his feet and walked away from her.

"Atsumu san..." she felt sorry for doing that on his birthday. "Do you have to avoid me too?"

"What?" He thought he heard her wrong "I just... need some sleep"

"Where were you at lunch?"

He didn't answer.

"Are you hungry?" She tiptoed take a peek at the face he hid with the high collar of his jacket.

"No" he said. She quickly texted Osamu that she found him and said she'd take him home.

He stopped before Haruka's house on the way to his "Go home"

"I'm coming with you"

He didn't protest. He simply walked away and she quickly caught up to him. "Don't be sad on your birthday"

"What's wrong?" She hoped it wasn't because of Osamu.

His lips were sealed. He went and laid on his couch, hiding his face in the cushion knowing how he lost the love of his life to his brother. All he could think of was her happy face when Osamu said something funny to her and he looked at her so lovingly Atsumu couldn't help sink. Her soft giggles echoed in his ears as Osmau's hand held hers, taking her everywhere with him. Even rumours about the two started to float around school and he wished he was deaf instead.

He shuddered when he felt something enter his ear. Haruka checked the digital thermometer and scoffed "Did you eat something bad?" He simply shook his head.

"Did you eat something cold?"

He shook his head again.

"Say something" her voice went soft and he just looked at his fingers. It was impossible for her to even fathom that Atsumu could get so low.

"I'm fine" he said but only his lips moved. The next thing he was being wrapped in a warm blanket. "I'm making tuna. You rest, okay?" She caressed his face and he just watched her leave again. He sat frozen in his spot until the smell of his favourite food trickled his nose but he couldn't move much even then.

She fed him Tuna and Yakimeshi, and he couldn't resist because of how delicious it was. He ate everything she made him eat without complaints. He even drank the medicine he couldn't stand the smell of and sat watching her fiddle her phone "Okay" she put it away. "Now you need a lot of rest"

She laid him on the soft couch and slid a pillow under his head. When she ran her hand through hair he almost broke down. He shakily held her hand "Please don't leave" he pleaded but it meant so much more.

"I'll be here when you wake up" she said and he held her hand close to his face fearing that she'd leave if he didn't hold her. The medicine was shutting his lids but he didn't want to lose sight of her.

"Go to sleep" she kissed his forehead and he listened to her since his mind felt at ease. Atsumu slept like a baby all evening and Haruka didn't have the heart to move her hand away so she sat on the floor waiting for him to get a good rest.

"Haruka, is he okay?" Osamu dropped his bag.

"He has a fever" she said and he checked it himself. "Seems better now"

"Did he tell you anything?" He asked and she shook her head "He didn't talk at all"

"Do you think it got to him bad?"

"I don't know." She said playing with his soft hair "But I'd never seen him so upset before"

Atsumu thought he saw a mirage when he opened his eyes to see the worry spread across her face. "Please forgive me" was the first thing he said.

"Huh? What happened?" She asked and he just shook his head. Again. "Did you eat, love?" He asked and before she could answer Osamu shoved a piece of the tuna in her mouth.

"She will now that I'm here"

I couldn't resist myself from posting this 👇🏼