I'll Find You

He's just so damn beautiful 👆🏻😭♥️

Haruka was rather jumpy running her hands through her clothes trying to pick a nice outfit.

'But what if he doesn't show up?' A small frown appeared on her face.

'Oh, but what if he does?'

"Haruka!!" Yumiko was already at her gates "Are you done, babygirl!?"

"Do you have to say it for the whole neighbourhood to hear?" She glared at her from her widow, her eyes wide in embarrassment.

"BABYYYGIRRRLLLL"

"I'm on my way!!!" She said in a loud, intense whisper, enough for Yumiko to hear her so she'd shush down.

Haruka's pale blue dress caught Osamu's attention first. "You..."

"Is it bad??!"

"You look so cute" Yumiko said "He doesn't know how to compliment"

To keep the facts straight he just couldn't. He looked at her dress, how it complimented her skin so well along with her long flowy hair that sashayed every time she took a step.

"Where's Atsumu san?" She broke his train of thoughts.

"He's gonna join us later" he said and her smile dropped in an instant. "Oh" was all her shattered heart could answer.

The festival didn't seem as colourful to Haruka this time. Yumiko and Osamu were having the time of their lives but Haruka could barely keep up with them. He was around her for so long she felt weird without him there. She felt the cold breeze brush against her skin and remembered how he'd always keep her warm. She never felt the need for anything because he'd do it before she even asked. She missed holding his big warm hand, every time her soft hand caused friction against his calloused one, her breath hitched. Every time he smiled, her heart would come to an abrupt halt. By the time it was dark Haruka wasn't even enjoying the breathtaking evening anymore.

"It's almost time for fireworks" she heard a little kid squeal and looked around to see that the two had disappeared.

She walked through the swarming people, afraid that she'd get lost. She couldn't see Osamu's tall head even in her heels. She wouldn't be able to see Yumiko until she vertically grew nonstop for another decade.

She shrieked in fright when she heard the first firework loudly burst. "Oh, where do I find them?" She hated crowds. They made her anxious, like she'd drown in it and never be found. She frantically went around searching for them amidst the aggressive crowd.

"Atsumu san..." a shaky note escaped her lips as she tried to picture him in her head to muster some courage and try finding the two.

"Atsumu san!" she yelped when her anxiety grew with the crowd watching the fireworks. She closed her eyes shut, the fireworks weren't fascinating to her anymore. She wanted to find someone that comforted her. And that was the person who hadn't joined them.

In the giant ocean of people she could only wish for one person. The person who held her hand. She peeked from behind her closed lids to see the blonde locks on the back of his head as he paddled through the crowd. She smiled at his hand tightly holding hers, he was warmer than the bright sun at the end of the frosty season.

"Why the hell are you here alone??? Where's my dumbass brother?!" His brows scrunched in anger but mostly in worry. When he saw her there he'd sworn to take down every person that made her uncomfortable. As he tore through the crowd all he could think of was getting rid of the hurting expression on her face.

"I was here..." she tried her best at explaining it to him " ...then I began searching for them and I couldn't find-"

"You got lost?!" He asked but when she so innocently nodded all his anger snuffed like the flame on a candle. "Can you not stay warm? It's like you want me to come tell you all the time"

"How did you find me?" She asked while he took his fluffy jacket off and engulfed her in it. She looked like a toddler wrapped in bear skin, her fingers barely made it to the end of his sleeve and the hem of his jacket was almost as long as her dress.

"I'll always find you, princess." He smiled. "How could I not find you when you so sweetly called my name?" his hands gently fixed her hair, his eyes scanning her fragile visage, he hadn't noticed how gorgeous her dress looked but when he did... "oh, Kami..." he looked up at the colourful sky as a cry to save him and groaned for the heavens to hear.

"What's wrong?"

"You're too beautiful a sight" he blurted but soon enough fixed himself and held her smaller hand before he tugged her "Come on... I'll help you find them"

But she wouldn't move. She had a small pout on her face as she frowned, she looked angry. His already mess of a mind ran through everything possible trying to deduce what she was angry for, he didn't want anything falling short when it came to her "Did I... do something wrong, princess?"

She nodded.

"Tell me..." he said "Tell me what it is... I'll fix it right away"

"You don't like me anymore"

"And who dared to tell you that?" He felt wave of madness wash his brain. That was the last thing he wanted her to feel, not loved enough. He was already so miserable seeing that sad pout on her face, he wanted to reset it in an instant.

"I know" her voice went a few decibels lower.

"Haru... I can't say I love you more than anyone ever can, that'd be very ignorant of me" he said and her head tilted lower to look at the white carpet of snow beneath her feet. He tucked his fingers under her chin and delicately tugged her face to look at him "But I love you the most I can. Every single day I love you more, wondering if it's even possible to love someone so much and I defy my own limit the very next day when I love you even more"

Haruka was like melting snow at the end of winter. But she returned to her state when he said "But you deserve even better" his smile was pure, like he meant every word of it. A smile that showed more pain than joy and her heart fell apart.

"So I've to be with someone else?" She raised her brow and looked at his damned apocalyptic face like she wanted him to take it back.

"Someone better... and nicer, yes"

"Okay" she said. As much as she wanted to tell him what a gem of a man he was she wasn't letting his "you deserve better" slide. She was pissed at it but she had the perfect idea to have him swallow his own words.

She held his hands "But will you be okay?"

"O-Of course... if it means... y-you're happy" his face that was pale because of the cold, started to gather some colour, mostly pink.

"What if he's mean?"

"I'll split his head into halves"

She giggled but put his arms around her "What if he does this?"

"I'll tear his limbs apart" and the stroke of light in his deep cocoa eyes assured her that it wasn't a lie. His blood was boiling like molten lava in an active volcano as he walked into her trap even though he was more than aware of it.

She pressed herself closer "And what if he-"

He crashed his lips against hers and her hands found their way to his face feeling the long lost contact again. His arms gripped her tighter, like he didn't want to let her go, his facade faded as he let his yearning and earnest despair flow into his kiss.

Her soul drifted with his fervour as he kissed her deeper before sorrowfully breaking away "Don't... ever... say that again" he said as they parted for air.

"You're mine, Haruka" he pressed a long, tender kiss on her cheek "Only I get to do that to you"