Darkness

I really wish everything was easier in life but what would we really learn?

Warning: This chapter might be triggering⚠️

"Her mouth, from whence wit still obligingly flows,
Has the beautiful blush, and the smell, of the rose.
Love and Destiny both attend on her will;
She wounds with a look; with a frown, she can kill

The desperate Lover can hope no redress;
Where Beauty and Rigour are both in excess!
In Sylvia they meet; so unhappy am I!
Who sees her, must love; and who loves her, must die"

~George Etherege, Sylvia

—————————————————

"Haruka..." he held her in his arms not understanding what happened to her. He was so worried his mind had stopped working rationally but he picked her up and ran to her place.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Her mother rushed to her aid "I'm so sorry she must have troubled you so m-"

"Oh, please don't say that... will she be okay?" He hopefully asked.

"Did she see something really... umm violent?" She asked and he shook his head "Did she see anyone?"

He carefully thought before answering "There was nobody on the road... a car passed by and she... just~" he looked at her.

"Oh..." her mother didn't know what to say. "Thank you for bringing her home"

"It's no problem" he assured her.

"You must be exhausted. I'll bring some tea" she exited before he could be polite and say no.

He kneeled before her and slowly touched her forehead.

"Is everything okay?" His mother asked.

"She's burning" he said and she placed the tea down before bringing the thermometer and a damp cloth.

"She's going to be okay, right?" He asked looking at her unmoving figure and her mother nodded.

"What happened?" He was unsure if it was right for him to ask.

"I'm sorry she didn't tell her friends. I don't think she told Yumiko either, but it's only fair you knew because she keeps telling me how nice you and Osamu are" She said.

"S-She did?" He didn't understand why he was already so uncomfortable.

"She had to go through a lot when her father and I separated a few years ago. Then there was this boy when she joined Itachiyama in her first year, a very abusive one. His name was Suzuki Kiyoshi. Haru was stupid back then and made a really bad choice but she repents it with all her heart everyday. When she finally gathered the courage to leave him, he forced her into things then blackmailed her into staying. She'd occasionally come home with a bruised face and blame volleyball. I knew nothing until I saw her in the hospital for slitting her wrist" she said. By the look on her face he knew how strong her mother was. Even he was shaky and in tears.

"People spoke a lot about her and she couldn't find a way out of it so we moved to Hyogo. She changed her appearance so he wouldn't find her here. I keep telling her it's okay but she doesn't listen. She's always extra cautious and tries her best to make up for all that she did wrong" she said "Her brother doesn't know most of it but the day he does, that will be the end of the volleyball career he's trying to build because he'll end up in jail for killing him"