Again

Haruka slowly opened her eyes, she thought she died and went to heaven when she saw the strong hand holdings hers. Her eyes were still blurry but the blonde locks resting by her hand was so prominent she almost screamed. She looked around to see her brother curled in the spare bed.

His grip was rather tight for a sleeping person and when she tried to pull her hand away he stirred awake.

Her eyes landed on his face and she swore she saw Oh Sangwoo for real. The bags under his eyes were crying for help, and mostly sleep.

"H-Haruka..." he had almost given up on her "Haru..." his tongue was slurry with the drowsiness.

"W-Why are you here?" Her nerves were unbundling.

"I love you" was all he could say. He looked like his soul left him three days ago. Calling him a zombie would be an understatement.

"Get away from me" She moved away from him.

"Haru-"

"Are you done screwing your girls?"

"Haruka I'm-"

"Please, leave"

"Haru..." Wakatoshi rubbed his eyes and was wide awake the next moment "Haru!" He held her face "Oh, thank god"

"I'm sorry. I'll see him in prison today and when I do I'll be landing in the next cell" Wakatoshi hugged her "It's all my fault, I should've taken things to my own hands and ended it sooner"

"Niisan-"

"Tell me everything, Haru." He said "The police will be here soon and I need to tell them so you don't have to"

"Okay" she whispered "But on one condition"

"Anything"

She looked at Atsumu "Either he goes or I don't talk"

Wakatoshi looked at him waiting for him to leave.

"Haruka..."

She looked away before quoting him but in her words "Don't come any closer, I might actually kill myself"

"I don't know what you did but if I find out that she did something because of you..." Wakatoshi was a hair fall away from raising hell "I will crush you along with your dreams"

Wakatoshi couldn't listen to her without a building urge to shove a knife into Suzuki's heart "He forced himself on you?"

"I fought as much as I could then when he realised I'd get away he pulled his knife out"

He took a deep breath to calm his dying senses "Is that all?"

"Yes" she was so drained and emotionless she didn't feel human connections anymore, apart from the fact that he was her brother, her most favourite human in the world.

When she finally made it to school nobody dared to talk to or about her and that was her biggest relief. She didn't mind the stares, that bothered her the least. Atsumu was a giant scoop of gargantuan mess. Osamu and him weren't on talking terms since he moved to the Inarizaki dorms leaving Atsumu to do whatever he wished to.

Atsumu was losing his mind all over. His ego came to take a hulking bite at his ass. He couldn't get himself to figure out how he would even face her without breaking apart.

He was barely home anymore. He sat in the farthest corner of the library every single evening, for days watching her quietly write as his brother bugged her. He'd stealthily follow her to her lunch spot and soundlessly watch her just stare at her box for long before feeding it to the puppies everyday.

As Atsumu's reputation grew his mind focused even more on Haruka. His scores began to falter again, he missed her notes. When he saw the ones he had he cursed himself for being a jerk and taking everything for granted. He remembered the first time he made her cry and wished he didn't.

That was his routine. Watching her all day and sulking on his way home because she'd go back too and he couldn't see her anymore.

He saw that Osamu wasn't there that day sat closer to her than from his usual spot. He saw someone juggling with a tall pile of books and his anxiety tripled when it wobbled. All it took was one small push from a passerby and it tumbled over Haruka who was soundly sleeping over the table. Atsumu quickly jumped to shield her, he leaned over her and put his arms around her but kept some distance so she wouldn't wake up, a few heavy books left scratches on his back. He turned around and grabbed his collar before shoving him against the shelf "A-Atsumu..." the boy stuttered.

"If even a single book were to hit her, you'd be facing your worst nightmares"

Someone tried to pick on her the next day and when she was out of sight he almost folded them flat to shove them into a locker. When someone tried to make fun of her notes he almost concaved their face. When someone said mean things to her he almost pulled their nail beds out until they pleaded him, he let go of them when they promised to apologise to her and he made sure they did. Everything she'd struggle with, he'd try recklessly to make it easier for her.

The quantum physics shelf was out of her reach so he fought with the librarian to make sure it was moved a few shelves down. He quietly followed her to the department stores so nobody would try to hit on her or scare her and when someone did they wished they didn't. He almost rolled him into a ball and used his setter skills to toss into the trash bin. He couldn't literally toss him there but he was strong enough to throw him into the nearest one.

By the end of second year everyone knew why they shouldn't mess with Haruka. Everyone but Haruka.

On the first day of third year, Atsumu gathered enough courage to finally go talk to her. He desperately crafted his lines all summer, even during the breaks while practicing at the Youth Camp. He even got her a box of strawberry Pocky and a few highlighters for her enticing notes but turned the other way when his brother approached him. He hadn't felt so jittery before. He convinced himself that it was only Haruka. The pressure in his system quintupled when he realised it was Haruka.

He told his friends he wouldn't catch up for lunch today and went to her lunch spot again. He gripped the handle of his bag harder and took shaky steps but stopped when he saw her crouching on the ground to feed the dogs. His eyes narrowed in worry when a bigger dog shooed the little ones away and growled at her. Her eyes widened as she fell backwards in fright. She usually wasn't afraid of dogs but those would be the once she'd met at least once before.

She knew her arm was dog food but the dog winced in pain when something hit it. A stone. She looked at the person who hit the door and her heart dropped as she gawked at him in revulsion.

Atsumu was dead scared of dogs, even Paco scared him shitless no matter how nice he was to the cantaloupe and when his muscles didn't listen to him while he pelted the stone, he knew he was a big time goner.

Haruka's arm wasn't dog food, his ankle was.

He winced in pain looking at the wound the mutt had left on his ankle he was bleeding. "I guess this is what death looks like" he dramatically wailed but when he felt something soft on his wound he swore he didn't hurt so much even when he had a major fracture. The pain vanished into thin air when he saw Haruka slowly cleaning his wounds. The tears in her dulling eyes only made him realise that she was a hemophobe.

She was shivering by the time she was done. She saw the blood in her hands and almost saw black next.

He swiftly held her from falling and all she could do was whisper "You're the dumbest person I've ever seen"

And it was at this moment he knew he fucked up.

He had carefully laid his own death traps, every step of the way, before he fell for her all over again.