Puddle 🍒

Haruka loved books. Ever since she was a kid. She loved, treasured and appreciated books so much she almost dwelled in some of them. But Atsumu wouldn't even read books. Even if he had the time, he never read books. His mother was a busy woman, she didn't read a lot of stories for the mischievous twins. So he'd developed a strong dislike for books. Whenever Atsushi asked him for a story he'd make up the most horrible ones and the boy would always giggle when Cinderella would break her glass slippers and tell him the right story. Of course he knew the right story. He'd heard his wife tell it so many times, he didn't have to read it.

But the day his one year old daughter asked him for a nice story with her doe like eyes he felt ashamed. He never had a book or a story he liked. He'd fall asleep halfway through Haruka's Rapunzel because he really liked that one. But he didn't know the ending to it and that made him sick.

The very next morning he set out early and toppled the whole bookstore until he found his new favourite book. He raced home as fast as he could because he knew it was really late and barged through the door "Are they asleep yet??!!"

"No" she rushed to her husband first "Where did you go all day? You look so tired! Did you even eat?"

"I found my favourite book" he smiled holding out the first Harry Potter book to ever grace the world "And I'm gonna read it to them today" he looked so pure she almost cried.

"Would you... put them to bed then?" She asked and he nodded his head "I want to tell them a nice story and not something I made up. My daughter would be so disappointed in me if she grew up and realised that I just said crap the whole time"

"I'll grill some of your favourite tuna for you" she kissed him before he excitedly went to the kids who were waiting to be tucked in.

A tear fell from her eye when she saw how excited the babies were to listen to him read them a real story. Atsumu's eyes glowed the brightest.

She grilled his favourite tuna and poured some sake for him in a cup since he had a really long day. He stretched his giant body in the chair and thanked her for cooking so late.

"I feel like a better father now" he chuckled rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, don't do that. Your eyes are going to burn" she gently traced her thumb over his lids.

"You've always been amazing" she said "And you keep getting better"

"What did I do to deserve you, baby?"

"You were the one who searched for your book all day..." she giggled "And I'm glad you found it. I'd be so mad at the bookstore if you didn't find anything and gave up after searching all day!"

She didn't let her slightly tipsy husband do the dishes "Baby! I'm not drunk"

"Yeah, but you're dirty. Come on now, let's get you cleaned" she pulled him to their room.

"I like the sound of that" he chuckled.

When he felt her hands in his hair his brain froze and his expressions completely dropped. She slowly reached for the shampoo and tip toed to lather his hair. He ducked a little so she wouldn't strain her feet. His head dipped backwards and he closed his eyes feeling her fingertips tug his scalp. He suddenly remembered his mother, how she lovingly washed his hair when he were little. He bit his lip to control the tears forming under his lids. He opened his eyes when felt a small kiss on his cheek "What's wrong?" She noticed the change in his face.

"This... feels nice" he almost croaked and she let out a sorry smile "I'm sorry" she massaged his head "I'll do it more often then"

She sudsed the soap against his skin and he returned the favour. It was nothing sexual, just the warm, floaty feeling. They kissed under the shower as she conditioned his hair. He'd never conditioned his hair before. Shampoo was his only best friend.

She sat him on their bed and dried his hair with a smaller towel and he drowned in the amazing feeling. He'd never felt so loved before. She made his hair and laid him on the bed. He jolted his eyes open when he felt something cold on his face. "It's just a mask sheet. Lie back down!" She laughed. She knew boys needed pampering too. They needed the love, the appreciation, the time... everything that a girl would want.

"Oh, this feels sooo good!" He groaned in satisfaction.

She massaged his shoulders until he almost fell asleep. She took the mask off and pulled him into her arms. She knew that even if she was only half his size he'd love it if she cuddled him. All of his 187 centimetres were instantly a puddle. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Do you feel better?" She asked and he hid his face in her chest "Yes" he said. He answered for everything she'd done for him. She always made him feel better. Cuddling or not. She always knew what he wanted. Her fingers stroked his hair and he instantly fell asleep with how amazing he was feeling. He slept faster so he wouldn't realise her stopping. He'd never want it to end otherwise.

He returned her favour in the morning, making her toes curl painfully as she reached her fifth orgasm, worshipping her in the shower having her legs tied around his torso. He kissed her every scar, told her what an amazing wife she was and praised her till she almost broke in his arms.

Atsumu was the most cheerful person that day. He helped her make breakfast and even dropped Atsushi to his kindergarten. But that day he didn't just kiss his son and drop him at the gates with the other kids. He carried him all the way in and hugged his precious baby before telling him he'd come pick him up instead of Haruka. He even got him candy to share with his all his friends. "Be a good boy, okay? I'll see you soon" he kissed his forehead before leaving.

"Atsumu! What's up with your face?"

"He's just absurdly happy today" Sakusa scowled.

"No, he's glowing!" And somehow Bokuto wasn't the brightest person on the team anymore.

"Your hair looks so good!!" Hinata jumped to touch it but he backed away.

Everyone looked at him with wide eyes. He'd always let Hinata and Bokuto mischievously play pranks on his dyed hair but that day he didn't let anyone touch it. They gawked at him in disbelief.

"Don't you dare touch my hair..." he growled momentarily before giving them a big smile "My wife washed it for me"