Chapter 24

Chizuko's eyes fluttered open.

Glancing around, she found herself laying on a bed in the butterfly mansion.

"Chizuko-chan!" the plate on Aoi's hands almost dropped, "You're awake! It's been almost two months!" Chizuko was taken back, "T-Two months!? I was out for two months!?"

Aoi turned and shouted towards the corridor, "Everyone! Chizuko-chan is awake!!!"

"Chizuko-san!!!" Naho, Sumi and Kiyo bursted in, drowning Chizuko in a group hug along with Aoi. Kanao and Shinobu entered shortly afterwards, also joining the hug.

"Chizuko-chan!!!!!" Mitsuri came running in, "Are you okay? Do you feel better? We were all so worried! Do you need anything now?" Bombarded with questions, Chizuko had no idea which to answer first. But the growl from her stomach seemed to solve her problem.

"You must be hungry! I'll go get you some food," Aoi headed to the kitchen immediately. Naho, Sumi and Kiyo followed Aoi, pulling Kanao with them, "Wait for us! Aoi-san!" Shinobu patted Chizuko's head, "I'll be going to get some equipment for a checkup, Chizuko-chan. I'll be right back."

"Ah! Chizuko-chan! Don't worry about your hair! I'll help style your new hair," Mitsuri said confidently.

After Chizuko ate, Mitsuri spent an hour trying different hairstyles. In the end, they all agreed to settle for braided half up held together by the butterfly hairpin. Clipping the sakura hairpin on the side, Mitsuri proudly announced, "Done~ Chizuko-chan looks even more cute and mature!"

"Thank you, Mitsuri-sama," Chizuko smiled. She could hardly recognise herself in the mirror. It was totally different from her original low pony tail, in a good way.

They chatted for a while more, until Shinobu and Mitsuri had to attend to their hashira duties while the girls had to tend to the chores.

************************************************
"Come in," Chizuko called.

Obanai came in, he rushed to the butterfly mansion right away upon hearing from his crow that Chizuko had woken. He raised an eyebrow, noticing his tsuguko's new hairstyle, "Suzuki, you're awake. It's been two months."

"Yes, and thanks for coming to see me everyday, Iguro-sama," Chizuko scratched her head, "but I'm afraid I won't be able to leave soon, Shinobu-san said I'm grounded here for at least one more week."

"That means you have seven peaceful days until my pranks are back around the house," Chizuko grinned, though it dimmed instantly. She remembered their recent battle, does he hate her for playing tricks on him?

Obanai sat down beside the bed, "Look, Suzuki, about whatever stuff I said when I was possessed, I didn't mean it. Those are lies that lower moon two wanted you to believe. And, well, the estate have been awfully quiet without you. I look forward to your return."

Chizuko's lips tugged upward, at least he doesn't dislike her, "I look forward to going home too, Iguro-sama. How's your shoulder?"

Obanai paused for a moment, home. They were like family, deep down he knew they cared for each other. He was more than relieved that Suzuki didn't seem to be defeated by the terrible things he said when he was under control. He didn't need to remember to know that his words must had been a torture. Hesitantly, he reached out to pat her head.

"Rest well, Suzuki, my shoulder is fine. We will have missions together soon."

************************************************
Muichiro raced towards the butterfly estate.

Like Obanai, he had visited Chizuko every day ever since she was back. From what Hachi had reported, Chizuko was pretty much three quarters dead. It scared him to see Chizuko like this. It reminded him of something he couldn't remember. And anger, uncontrollable rage, rampaged through his senses like an unleashed beast whenever he thought of the demon who injured her.