Chapter 54

Two paper airplanes flew across the cosmos speckled meadows, under the crystal blue sky and fluffy white clouds.

"Muichiro-kun, We used to fly paper airplanes together a lot, just like this," Chizuko smiled.

Muichiro nodded, his gaze followed the paper planes drifting along the breezes. As long as he was with her, he would have very much enjoyed doing anything really. He peered at Chizuko's honey like smile, how lucky would he be if moments like these were to last forever.

His palm slowly edged towards Chizuko's.

Chizuko pinched herself on the arm, making sure this wasn't a dream. Although rather selfish, her wish of spending more time with Muichiro was granted. It felt so similar to the old days, yet it was entire different. There was something new, something she may not had felt before.

She reached for Muichiro's hand hesitantly.

They met in the middle, fingertips brushing against each other.

A pinkish blush bloomed in their cheeks.

Taking a deep breath, Muichiro laced his fingers through Chizuko's.

Chizuko's heart raced, tingles of euphoria were sent pumping throughout her system. Time seemed to have slowed, she was savouring the sweetness of every passing second.

"CAW!" a crow with a purple scarf around its neck interrupted their moment, "Urgent! Message for Suzuki Chizuko! Urgent!"

"Letter from Tamayo!" The crow cawed, showing Chizuko the note tied to its leg, "And an urgent message from Oyakata-sama!"

"E-Eh!? Thanks," Chizuko untangled the twine and unfolded the paper.

Suzuki Chizuko,

Long time no see. I hope you still remember our encounter a year ago. Yushiro and I must thank you again for that night, if it weren't for you we would have been captured by Kibutsuji Muzan. We would also like to thank you for the blood samples you have been giving us, and along with Nezuko's blood, I was able to speed up the development of a drug that can turn demons back into humans.

However, I have bad news to inform you once again. Your blood contains a plant called the Blue Spider Lily, it is the final ingredient to a medicine Muzan had been searching for centuries, dating back when I was still under his control. Please be extra careful, stay with your demon slayer friends, don't ever leave their sight. Because Muzan would be looking for you.

Tamayo

"CAW!" Oyakata-sama's crow called, "The urgent message is that Suzuki Chizuko must be accompanied by at least one hashira at all times! CAW! Must not be alone! CAW! Must be accompanied by hashira!"

Ehhhhhhh!!!??

Chizuko was too shaken to say anything. Her mother's words from not long ago resurfaced in her mind.

"After death, a doctor came to me... He told me... about the blue spider lilies. He said the discovery of these flowers was both a miracle and a curse, and that he has created a disaster that had been plaguing mankind for centuries."

A disaster that had been plaguing mankind for centuries. Was the doctor referring to Muzan? Was Muzan a patient of the doctor? How did the doctor meet Muzan? Let alone changing him into the monstrous creature he was?

Muichiro squeezed Chizuko's hand, he hated how the smile he absolutely adored dimmed, "I will be here with you."

Being dragged back to reality, Chizuko grinned, squeezing Muichiro's hand in return, "Thank you, Mui-kun."