Chapter 33

"Tell me what really happened that day," Obanai pointed at Murata, his death glare intensified.

Murata gulped, the hashira are truly more than scary "I-I really don't know! P-Please forgive me! Serpent hashira-sama!" please let him off the hook! He is innocent!

It really, really, really wasn't his idea.

"Ehhhh!!?? Iguro-sama is here!!?" Chizuko exclaimed, almost dropping the bandages she was holding. "Yes!" Naho nodded, "H-He just arrived! A-And he is looking for you! Chizuko-san! Kiyo-chan and Sumi-chan are helping to distract him!"

"Hm? Why don't you want to see him? Suzuki-san?" Murata scratched his head, Chizuko was the record holder of spending the most peaceful time with both the serpent and wind hashira. "Ah, the situation is too complicated to explain now, Murata-san!" Chizuko pulled Muichiro up with her, "I need your help right now!"

"You want me to what!?" Murata shook his head, he was definitely dead meat if he did as she told. Chizuko shook his arm, "You're our only hope! Murata-san!"

And so Murata ended up holding Kaburamaru, which Chizuko stole from Obanai from a corner.

"Why do you have Kaburamaru," Obanai fumed, his dark aura was showing. He had asked the little girls where Suzuki was, but they kept leading him in circles. Kaburamaru insisted he had seen Suzuki a second ago, where was she? What were they hiding from him? What was she up to?

Murata glanced the bloated pile of 'blankets' Aoi and Naho pushed pass them, at least Chizuko and Muichiro were safe. "I... I found your snake, sir," Murata stuttered.

"Tch," Obanai mood got worse, Murata wasn't spilling the beans, "you are dismissed. Don't lay your fingers on Kaburamaru ever again, or else you're done."

************************************************
Maeda yawned, why was he so drowsy today? There's no one around, he supposed taking a nap wouldn't hurt.

"It worked!" Chizuko whisper shouted, dragging Muichiro pass scum glasses who was sound asleep. She had stolen some sleeping pills from Shinobu's office, she felt guilty for doing so, but she really needed it and asking Shinobu for them would draw unwanted attention.

"Mui-kun! Let's find you some uniform," Chizuko smiled, opening the drawers.

************************************************
"Psst! Hachi!" Chizuko whispered, holding a basket of apples, "Are you really sure about that?"

"Caw!" Hachi nodded, cawing in a lower volume, "Very sure!"

Here goes nothing, Chizuko climbed into the serpent estate, tiptoeing across the living room. She slid open the door to a small room, "Hachi now!"

"CAW!" a yelp could be heard right after Hachi zoomed in.

************************************************
Muichiro gazed blankly at his reflection as the blade slowly morphed into a tranquil teal.

Tetsuido lowered the pipe he was smoking, "Boy, I'm worried about you."

Muichiro looked up to the old man sitting on the rock and blinked. Hm?

"Does anyone understand you? Will anyone ever understand how much you've gone through? How close you've cut it, how uneasy you are because of your amnesia, how you worked so hard you started coughing blood? Whenever I see the sword I made for you, tears come out of my eyes. I don't have long to live, I'm not old enough to fear death, but you're still making me worried here."

"O-Ohayo! Tokito-san! I am Suzuki Chizuko! I... I brought you food! My friend and I made it. It's nothing much, here are some rice, miso, eggs and fish. Oh and here's a cookie! We were baking yesterday and I thought you'd like to try!"