Chapter 45

"Mhahahaha!" Inosuke laughed, lifting Aoi and Chizuko, "The great Inosuke-sama is the strongest!!!"

Chizuko's eyes widened, clutching Inosuke's arm, "I-Inosuke-kun! Don't drop us!!"

"Hey! Put us down!!!" Aoi cried, hitting Inosuke on his shoulder.

"Inosuke!!!!!" Tanjiro rushed to his friend, "Put Aoi-chan and Chizuko-chan down!!!"

"How dare you try to get close to girls using such trickery!!??" Zenitsu wanted to strangle Inosuke.

It was a typical day at rehabilitation training.

Punching at Inosuke, Aoi accidentally knocked his boar mask off.

Flushing crimson, Aoi pushed Inosuke and his pretty face away with all her might, resulting in Inosuke bumping into Tanjiro and Zenitsu.

Crash.

Watching how Aoi blushed while scolding Inosuke for his impulsiveness, Chizuko lifted an eyebrow , eh? Could it be??

"Erm... Chizuko-chan?" Tanjiro's voice dragged Chizuko back to reality.

"A-Ah! I'm sorry! Tanjiro-kun!" realising that she fell on top of Tanjiro, Chizuko's cheeks turned pink in embarrassment, "I-I'll get up now! I'm sorry!"

Unfortunately, the door slid open before Chizuko could do anything.

"Ara ara!" Shinobu's smile was filled with threat, "What is going on here?"

Leaping away from this awkward position as quickly as possible, Chizuko's face was as red as the maple leafs of autumn, her mind short circuited, "I... We... They...!"

"What did you do to Suzuki," another menacing aura entered the scene.

"I-Iguro-sama!" Chizuko stood between Obanai and Tanjiro, preventing her former teacher from shredding Tanjiro into pieces, "Wh-What are you doing here?"

"I have something to discuss with you," Iguro gestured to the door, "in private."

************************************************
"Ehhh!!?" Chizuko's mouth fell agape, "Iguro-sama!!? Y-You want to take me to a matsuri*!!?"

"No," Obanai pinched the area between his brows, "What I meant was, we are going on an investigation, going to the festival is just a bonus as we would be passing by, and that it would be a pity if we missed it."

"An investigation?" Chizuko blinked, what kind of investigation needs two hashira? Is there an Upper Moon? "And Iguro-sama, I thought you didn't like crowds and noisy places? Why would you want to stop by a matsuri?"

"I will meet up with Oyakata-sama for the details of the investigation later," Obanai chose not to answer Chizuko's questions regarding the festival, "Pack your bags. We will be leaving in around a week. Remember to bring a yukata*."

"A-Alright, Iguro-sama," Chizuko was surprised by the sudden arrangements, "See you by then..?"

************************************************
Coughing, Chizuko brushed off the dust on a very, very old scroll.

Moon... Moon Breathing!?

She was looking for information about the Hinokami Kagura for Tanjiro in Obanai's estate, but instead dug up something else.

Chizuko squinted her eyes, it was difficult to tell what the fading words were. To make it worse, it was written in an ancient text which she couldn't make sense of. Puffing up her cheeks, Chizuko frowned internally, she had searched for the whole day, yet nothing seemed useful.