Chapter 67

"Argh!! How dare you!!?" Zenitsu yelped, "Not on the face! You bastard!" He clutched the freshly cut scar across his cheek. Weren't they supposed to be invisible? How did Muzan find out about them?

We got discovered sooner than expected! Kanao's brows furrowed. How? It isn't likely that Yushiro's blood demon art failed. Is it too obvious? Or does Muzan have the power to see through Yushiro's spells already?

"Ow ow ow!!! You filthy octopus!!!!" Inosuke yowled, "Filthy octopus!!!!! I will chop you up into sashimi!!"

"You guys are still alive!" Gyomei had asked Chizuko to try to search for the three before heading to Muzan, he thought she'd return alone, or with only one or two of them.

"Of course!!! I won't die so easily!!!" Inosuke boasted, Yushiro's talisman paper rained from his pockets, "Besides, I've got tons of these paper!!! Cut as many as you want!!! All your attacks are useless!!! I still have lots-" he was forced aside by Muzan's whips charging towards him.

"Suzuki!!!" Obanai yelled and held out three fingers, a code for the cooperated attacks they came up with before the battle came.

Fox Breathing, Third Form, Genko, Hokutoshichisei!

Serpent Breathing, Third Form, Coil Choke.

Muzan was surrounded by a scarlet fox and a crimson snake.

"HE'S REGENERATING SLOWLY!!!" Sanemi notified his comrades, "Even Muzan takes time to regenerate when being cut by the blazing red sword!!!"

"Zenitsu!! Inosuke!!" Kanao slapped a talisman paper she found on the floor onto her forehead, disappearing in plain sight. Halting his snivels, Zenitsu followed suit, severing Muzan's whips alongside Kanao.

Chizuko and Obanai leapt forward, slicing at Muzan right after Kanao and Zenitsu left, leaving no time for Muzan to recover. Muzan diverted the directions of his whips to shield himself from the whirlwind of blades. Their attacks are so well coordinated that it is like one person wielding a single katana!

Spotting how Obanai's back faced him defencelessly, Muzan thought it was a great opportunity to strike. However, Chizuko dashed out from seemingly nowhere and blocked the sharp ends his tentacles. Irritation pricked Muzan's skull, he realised that he had underestimated the relationship between these two humans, they trust each other completely. A bond Muzan could never understand.

The shame of failure festered in him. For centuries, the demon slayers were like pesky, infuriating cockroaches he couldn't get rid of. No matter what he threw at them, they refused to cease from existence, "You pests have nothing but pitiful tricks!"

Clang! While the others were distracting Muzan, Gyomei seized the chance to crash his spiked flail and axe together, his weapon reddened instantly. He then threw his metal ball into Muzan's shoulder, crushing the left side of his torso.

"TOMIOKA!!!!!" Sanemi sprinted towards Giyu, brandishing his sword, "Prepare yourself!!!!!" Visibly confused, Giyu could only defend himself against Sanemi with his own blade. Sparks flared as their katanas clashed, Giyu watched with wide eyes, their blades are now bright red. "Come on!" it was the first time Sanemi talked to Giyu as if they were friends for years, "Let's dice him into little pieces!!"

"CAW!!! One hour and three minutes till dawn!!!! One hour and three minutes!!" a crow hovered above the battlefield.

Anxiety rose in Muzan like a tide, his face remained expressionless but anger was twisting in him. At this moment, neither the blue spider lily nor Kamado Nezuko mattered, the thought of escaping from the sun occupied his mind. He had to leave this place, he had to ditch these humans, he had to destroy their cooperation.