Chapter 29

"Stop following us. Tell the head of your organisation we are not sided with Kibutsuji Muzan."

Chizuko stared at the lavender eyed boy in front of her and stepped back instinctively. Who is he? How did he find her? Her eyes landed on his claws, he is a demon!? What does he mean? Why isn't he under direct control of Muzan? Could it be...

"Another reminder from me, girl," Yushiro crossed his arms, "stay away while you still can, you don't stand a chance against him."

Eh? Chizuko blinked, "W-Wait!" she stammered, she has to give him the letter from Oyakata-sama! But Yushiro was already gone when she lifted her head.

Ehhhhh!!??? Chizuko was left holding the letter alone in front of the toilets on the train.

************************************************
Glancing around, Chizuko knitted her eyebrows, what to do what to do what to do!?

Finding Tamayo and the lavender eyed boy in this busy city was like finding two needles in a haystack.

She had spotted them back at the station, but was forbidden to leave when a sharp-eyed officer pressured to check on her "baggage", which was her nichirin blade. She barely escaped, thanks to the distraction from Hachi.

"stay away when you still can, you don't stand a chance against him."

What was that boy talking about? Did he mean Kibutsuji? A shiver went down Chizuko's spine, is that true? She shook her head to clear her thoughts, she had to focus on looking for Tamayo and Yushiro first.

************************************************
"Come," Tamayo gripped Yushiro's arm, pulling him along with her.

Tamayo had seen the red haired demon slayer girl at the station, she insisted for them to wait for her at the exit despite Yushiro's protests. However, they were unlucky that Muzan had arrived before the girl.

She hated running from Kibutsuji Muzan. She had promised a man from a long time ago to annihilate Muzan, but for most of the days she was very much like a turtle hiding in its shell. Although her research was going on well, it was going on very slowly. She needed help aside from Yushiro and Chachamaru. Who can she trust?

Picking up her pace, Tamayo's eyes scanned the crowds and western buildings. There are too many people here, many lives will be taken if Kibutsuji decides to make a move. Worry overflowed from her gentle eyes, she had to think of a way to avoid that.

"Tamayo-san!" Yushiro whispered, gesturing to the scattering people. Both of gasped at the numerous cuts all over the fleeing adults and children. Glass? Tamayo caught the slight glint in the wounds.

A man in a tuxedo strode towards them.

"Run!" Yushiro grabbed Tamayo's arm, dragging her into the nearest building.

Only to instantly regret it when the tiles beneath them accelerated into the air.

************************************************
Standing by the door, Chizuko's mouth fell agape.

Just what in the world is going on?

Vaults, lockers, stairs, fences, tables, and even whole rooms were levitating and shifting along with biwa music. Flying glass shards were swarming and attacking people like several hives of angry bees. Panicked screeches and footsteps came from everywhere.

Chizuko shrieked and jumped onto the staircase hurled towards her. She gripped the metal handrail tight, her shriek turned into a scream as it darted upwards in a blink of an eye.