Chapter 26

Despite the worn out exterior of the house, the inside was lavished with woollen carpets, grand chandeliers and elaborate wooden carvings.

"I told you there's treasure in here!" one of the teens stepped forward, "Come on! Let's go!"

"Hold on!" just when Chizuko was about to stop him, a trap door opened beneath him and he disappeared in a panicked scream.

"Arrgghhhhhh!!!!!!" fear spread like wildfire amongst the other kids. A girl kept banging, kicking and pushing the door, "The door is locked! The door is locked!" "What do we do!!! Are we going to die!!?" "Hey!! Old man! Can you hear us!!? Help!!!"

"Arrrgghhhhh!!!!" Hina shrieked, banging on the door, "Hey! Someone's still in here! Hey!" Hina, Ichika, Chizuko and the three little girls were at the storehouse collecting food items for the butterfly mansion, the kakushi responsible must have thought they left already.

"What do we do?" "Will we be stuck here forever?" "A-Are we trapped?" Naho, Sumi and Kiyo were terrified, it was so dark that they couldn't see their fingers. Chizuko gulped, they were right, what if no one found out? They didn't have any water, would they thirst to death? What if a demon came in?

"EVERYONE QUIET AND LISTEN TO ME!" Ichicka demanded. All of them halted and turned to where Ichika was supposed to be.

"EVERYONE PLEASE STOP!" Chizuko yelled at the frantic teenagers.

It didn't work as she expected.

Guess she has to use the 'Obanai way'.

"EVERYONE!" Chizuko drew her blade and put on her master's death glare, "STOP!"

************************************************
Things escalated and spiralled out of Chizuko's control.

"Please! Please don't kill my child!" Yoko sobbed, clutching the feral demon child in her arms, "It is my fault! Please spare her!"

"Kimura!" the boys and girls behind Chizuko cried, attempting to reach the unconscious boy.

"Please stay back!" Chizuko shooed the teenagers to the back of the room. Why isn't the child attacking Yoko? She didn't know what to do. On one hand it was her duty to eliminate demons, especially those who had already tasted human flesh. But on the other hand she couldn't do so, she can't kill the child in front of her mother, right?

"It was all me!" Yoko howled, "The children that went missing! It was all on me! I murdered them! Fed them to my daughter! So punish me instead!"

Chizuko shouted, "Yoko-san! Please liste-"

Yoko struggled to keep her growling and drooling daughter in her arms, "Stay away! It is all my fault! If only I didn't give birth to her with this disease! Spare her! Spare her!"

"I was married to a wealthy family! I-If it weren't for me, Ayako wouldn't be born with some kind of incurable disease and we wouldn't be dismissed!" Yoko wailed, "I tried everything! Everything! Nothing worked! Until... Until we met the doctor... the lady in your scroll."

"Are you truly willing to let your daughter live as a demon?" Tamayo asked again, "If so, your child can no longer run under the sun, she would have to rely on blood as food to survive." "Yes, I am willing! Please do so,"Yoko was desperate, "Please! I just want her to be by my side! She is the most precious thing in my life! I-I'll pay you whatever! I-I...!"

Tamayo's eyebrows knitted, maybe she made a wrong decision of landing a helping hand to the young woman before her, "It will be permanent, Yoko-san, please consider caref-" "Please help me! You are my only hope!" Yoko got on her knees.