Epilogue

A bronze katana with a crescent curve and a mint green katana sat behind a glass case.

"Ne, Mui-kun? Yui-kun?" holding a booklet titled Age of Swordsmen, Tales of the Demon Slayers, a red haired girl stood in front of the swords, "Do you believe in reincarnation? Do the swordsmen couple who wielded these katanas end up together in another life?"

The replies of the twins were of complete opposites.

Muichiro gave Chizuko a gentle smile and nodded.

"Tch, no," Yuichiro frowned, snatching the booklet from Chizuko's hands, "That's only a fabricated story to make this dumb exhibit seem more interesting. This whole 'demon' thing is totally unscientific. You and Muichiro are equally stupid to fall for it, no wonder you are a pair."

"Oh come on! Yui-kun! You're ruining all the fun," Chizuko puffed up her cheeks, "and give that booklet back!!"

"Students! Please come this way for the next exhibition!" The pink haired volunteer waved his arms in the air, "Gichi here would explain to you the hundred-year-old documents from the Ubuyashiki family!" A black haired boy with remarkable ocean blue eyes gave Chizuko and her classmates a tiny wave, that must be Gichi.

"Ohhhh!! Come on!!" Chizuko tugged the two boys along, linking arms with the both of them, "Let's go!!"

***********************************************
As usual, Obanai was minding his own business in the kitchen.

It wasn't exactly lunchtime, so there weren't many customers at the moment. He chopped the leeks, diced the green onions and checked on the boiling soup. Got to be ready before the customers start flooding in.

Glancing over at the framed photo he hung in the kitchen, a smile crept up Obanai's lips.

There was him, his wife and their daughter in it.

He and Mitsuri, they met while studying in university. Obanai never would have thought they clicked almost immediately, exchanging phone numbers on the first day. He was honestly shocked that a girl as popular as her would befriend him, let alone go on dates with him. They got married soon after they graduated, thus this diner was opened.

"Just go get a room," the doors slid open, revealing a boy with mint green eyes, "don't get lovey-dovey in front of me all the time. And don't you two dare sit on the same table with me, it's a pain watching you two."

The boy didn't really catch Obanai's attention. Teenagers nowadays, he almost rolled his eyes.

"H-Hey!! W-We're not really doing anything!!" the girl who spoke next made Obanai lift his head.

A red haired girl was holding hands with a boy who looked exactly like the first boy who stepped in through the doors. Twins, Obanai realised, but his sole focus was more on the girl. He studied her from head to toe. She had mismatched eyes like him, had the face of a foreigner, and was probably a high school student from the school nearby.

Why... does he feel like he has seen her somewhere before?

Obanai shook his head to clear his thoughts, he had never seen this girl in his entire life.

Chizuko, Muichiro and Yuichiro ended up settling down on the same table after all.

"Good afternoon, here's the menu," since Mitsuri was picking their daughter up from school, Obanai was the one to hand the trio the menus. Standing close to the girl, he froze. Sh-She's deaf, Obanai didn't notice her hearing aids just now, no wonder her pronunciations are a bit off.