Chapter 55

Gritting her teeth, Chizuko climbed back into what was supposed to be Tanjiro's room.

"Hachi, please go find help," Chizuko whispered to her crow.

The long haired demon with a fan started cackling, "Ha! Just took the little bean and threw it all the way out, right? Sekido?"

"There's nothing fun about this, I'm pissed off about everything," Sekido didn't share his partner's humour, "The same goes to being stuck with you, Karaku."

Karaku wasn't affected by Sekido's grumpiness, "Okay, glad that we're apart then," he spotted Chizuko who was at the corner, "Ohhh? Hey look! Isn't that the little missy we're supposed to look for? Ah, she seems very angry, you've found yourself company, Sekido."

Tanjiro opened his mouth, he wanted to notify Chizuko of the possibility that they had to work together to slice off their heads at the same time.

Sediko stabbed his staff into the tatami floor, its metal rings clanged against each other.

Tanjiro, Chizuko and Nezuko all fell down writhing in an instant.

Biting down on her lips, it took every ounce of willpower for Chizuko to suppress her scream. Yellow and white sparks flared in all directions, the extreme heat was frying her alive, her whole body went into violent spasms. Piercing pain came from her abdomen, Chizuko peered downwards and saw how her uniform was stained with scarlet blots. Not good, her wounds from her last battle were tearing open.

Get up, get up, get up. Chizuko willed her trembling arms to push herself up from the floor, yet the terrible cramps were preventing her from doing so. Pained groans escaped her mouth and there was a metallic taste deep down her oesophagus. Grimacing, Chizuko curled her knees, she must get up.

"You," Sediko ordered, jerking his head in Chizuko's direction, "Go pick her up before she is cooked."

Karaku strode forward, sighing dramatically, "This is no fun, why do I always get the difficult jobs?"

Chizuko-chan! Tanjiro panicked, both he and Nezuko couldn't warn her nor get to her side on time. He tried to speak, but reality was slipping away from him.

Tanjiro's eyes widened at the brink of unconsciousness, someone is on the roof.

Bang.

A bullet shot through the air, puncturing the necks of Sediko and Karaku, the scent of gunpowder lingered.

Genya, Chizuko lifter her head.

Genya frowned, he had missed the demon on the right, its head was dangling off its vertebrae.

"Dude that was awesome! Bravo!" Karaku praised, finding the audacity to laugh despite his seemingly dire situation, "Now this is the fun I've been looking for! I lived for hundreds of years, yet no one was ever like you!"

Genya dashed towards the giddy demon, he had to seize his chance to defeat the Upper Moon.

"Genya-san! No!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

Genya had already sliced Karaku's head off.

"You can't beat them like that no matter how strong your weapons are! They'll split up and regenerate into two separate demons!" Tanjiro clutched his katana, his hands cold and clammy, "They're doing this on purpose! They're letting us cut them! Their weakness is not their heads!"

Not even Akaza or Kokushibo can do that, Chizuko furrowed her eyebrows, how do they defeat the demons without being outnumbered? She glanced at the slightly rusted sword she borrowed, hoping it won't fracture during the fight.