Chapter 70

"EVERYBODY HOLD ON!!!!!" Sanemi bellowed, his voice hoarser than usual due to dehydration. He was the first to notice the golden rays of the dawning sun, it was daybreak, the long awaited sun was finally here, "THE DAWN IS COMING!!!!!"

Muzan's eyes went wide, never had he ever guessed he would feel such fear in his entire life once again. It was the fear of death, the fear of perishing from existence, the fear of losing the eternity he once thought he had control of. These pests are not Yoiichi, none of them are even close to that man's surreal talents. Yet they are like an endless stream that refuses to dry out, they keep getting up over and over! As if they aren't bloodied and battered already!

It's dawn...! Muzan... Muzan will be burnt to ashes...! W-We will finally defeat him! Chizuko's grip around her katana tightened. This was it. This was finally it. Muzan would be gone forever, the victory of the thousand-year-long battle belonged to humans. Countless families, friends and neighbours would never have to live in peril whenever night falls, nor would they have to grief over a loved one who was turned into a demon for the rest of their lives. The tragedies and heartbreaks end here, at this moment. A brand new future was ahead of them, would she have the privilege to live until then?

An unexpected shockwave with the magnitude of a mini earthquake exploded from Muzan, everyone except Tanjiro were sent flying to the back, slamming into either the stone hard walls or the gravelly floor. Chizuko threw up more clumpy blood, she didn't know it was possible to cough up this amount of blood in one go. She could declare the entirety of her ribs were fractured, several punctured her lungs. Slowly, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale... Don't forget to breathe!

In her blurry vision, Chizuko could vaguely see Giyu supporting Tanjiro. She squinted her eyes, she had trouble seeing clearly, it was as if she were surrounded by a sea of dense and slow-moving fog. Chizuko grabbed the bricks of a nearby wall, trying to help herself up. She lifted her head in shock as a ear piercing roar came from afar.

A balloon, no, a ball of flesh inflated from where Tanjiro and Giyu stood, swallowing the former who was closer to Muzan. Chizuko's mouth fell agape, a gigantic, sizzling baby let out yet another thunderous cry and started crawling away. Chizuko blinked, it took her a few precious moments to register what was going on. Th-That's Muzan!!!! He... He ate Tanjiro!!!!!! H-He is fleeing!!!!!!

"Three, two, one... PUSH!!!! PUSH!!!!" the remaining lower ranked slayers got into the buildings, dumping whatever furniture they found heavy onto Muzan. One of them yelled, "WE GOT HIM!!!! Keep going!!!! Push those bookshelves down onto him!!!! Don't let him get away!!!! We have to buy time for the hashira!!!!"

"DIEEEEE!!!!!" around a dozen of kakushi hopped into the empty vehicles on the streets, "DIE NOWWWW!!!!" They stepped onto the gas pedals of the cars, crashing straight into Muzan. "JUMP!!!!!" they abandoned the cars just on time before they were crushed by Muzan. Another band of kakushi came with buses and compartments of a train, trying their best to block Muzan's escape route, "HEAVE!!! HEAVE!!!! DON'T RETREAT!!!! DON'T BE AFRAID!!!!"

Much like a child throwing a tantrum, baby Muzan thrashed, kicking and punching blindly at the kakushi.

Wind Breathing, Ninth Form, Idaten Typhoon. Sanemi sliced off Muzan's oversized fist, preventing it from squashing the kakushi.

Chains were tied around Muzan's neck, dragging him off from the buses and train compartments tipping over to the kakushi's side. Gyomei and another bunch of kakushi were at the other end of the metal chains, pulling with every ounce of strength they could muster. Screeching, toddler Muzan fell backwards, his whole body was exposed to the rising sun. "MUZAN IS TRYING TO GO UNDERGROUND!!!!" Gyomei warned.