Chapter 30

Panic erupted in Chizuko, impossible. She grit her teeth, fighting to shield herself from those disgusting thoughts. Stop it! STOP IT! She wanted to stand, she could literally smell where the blood and flesh are, she felt a hunger she never experienced before.

Wincing and groaning, Chizuko writhed as waves of convulsions seized control of her body. Her teeth seemed to grow longer, no, sharper. With the corner of her functioning eye, Chizuko watched in absolute terror as claws poked from her fingers.

Blood. Its aromatic allure was a crook, robbing  the little logic Chizuko had left. She shoved the person restraining her on the sofa aside, standing with shaky knees.

"CAW! WAKE UP!!" Hachi flew straight to Chizuko, tugging and pulling at her collar. Please don't take this kid away.

"H-Hachi..." Chizuko mumbled, trying to find Hachi in her disorientated vision.

Yushiro tackled Chizuko to the floor, "Tamayo-san! She's loosing control!" Resisting the unbearable urge to charge forward to the bloodied wounded, Chizuko drew her blade, she has to take her own life before she became a man-eating demon. Yushiro slapped Chizuko's sword away before she plunged it into her neck, "Oi! What are you doing!!?"

"Chizuko-chan!" two voices called out.

"Chizuko-chan! Don't give up!" the image of two spider lilies appeared in her mind, "You can fight this! Don't give in! We believe in you!" Chizuko frowned, Hina-chan? Is she hallucinating?

"Chizuko-chan!" the other voice sounded familiar as well, but Chizuko's mind spun and she failed to recognise it. "The fight is not over! Listen closely to the biwa! Trust your memory! Use your new found powers! You can do it!"

A needle jabbed into Chizuko's arm, she jolted and drool stopped leaking from the corner of her mouth.

Tamayo and Yushiro's faces became clear to Chizuko once again. Tamayo let out a breath she was holding, the girl was fine, at least for now.

The fight is not over.

Chizuko struggled to get up, her limbs seemed as if they were chained down by weights. She could do this, she had to do it.

Listen closely to the biwa.

And that block would move... to there. Chizuko recalled her very first days at Obanai's place, he had assigned her crazy obstacle courses. He was unbeatable at first, he twisted and turned unpredictably like a real serpent. It wasn't until she sort of memorised some of his movements that she won from time to time.

Trust your memory.

She only had one eye left, and honestly her mind was a mess. But she could do this, she could remember how every levitating block would shift.

Use your new found powers.

All sound disappeared as Chizuko peered upwards. The periphery of her eyesight darkened and the fractured building pieces moved on its own. What is this? Can this be... a prediction?

Chizuko's mouth moved on its own, "Fox breathing, Kekkijutsu, Kuko, Clairvoyance!"

Both Chizuko's pupils became slitted and she darted upwards, evading the blocks that were aiming to crush her. Almost there! A demon with long bangs that covered her face sat in the middle of a room, that's it!

Chizuko turned her hilt, sucking in a deep breath, "Fox breathing, Fourth form, Kinko to Ginko, Onmyō!"

A window appeared in front of Chizuko and she was transported outside.