Chapter 58

"Chizuko," Muichiro smiled, "I'm back."

"M-Mui-kun," Chizuko took his hand, allowing him to pull her up. There was this glint in his eyes, it was so... so familiar. What does he mean?

"Tokito-dono...!" Kanamori groaned on the floor, he was glad that someone came to their rescue before all three of them ended up resting in coffins.

"Hey! Are you all going to ignore the great artist Gyokko or what!?" Gyokko resurfaced from another one of his vases. He was so immersed in stopping Haganezuka from polishing the katana that he almost failed to sense Muichiro's presence. This man is still sharpening that blade even when he has lost an eye! This human!! No matter what I do he just won't stop!! Gyokko was fuming inside, but he had bigger matters to worry now, "Oi! Especially you two! The demon slayers!!"

"Say," holding Chizuko's hands, Muichiro asked while inspecting her injuries, "Chizuko, do you hear anything?"

Deciding to play along, Chizuko's lips curved into a playful smirk, "Nothing much... Just the sound of a housefly buzzing around."

"Open up your eyes!! You damned brats!! Can't you see that I'm the embodiment of elegance, of art!!?" Gyokko gasped, of course he was the king of all things beautiful, not some pesky little insect, "Hey!! What is that look y'all are giving me!! Stop that!!"

How the hell did that kid escape my water basin!!? And he freed the other one too! Calming down, Gyokko started to direct his focus back to the fight. Woah Woah Woah, wait, what's with that birthmark? According to Muzan-sama, only the earring boy and blue spider lily girl has something similar.

Gyokko shook his head. No no no, still, how can he be so relaxed and spending time caring for that blue spider lily girl!!? He should be paralysed! How come is he moving even faster than before! Anyways...

"Octopus pot hell!" Gyokko summoned his Kekkijutsu, this should be able to trap them once in for all.

"Tokito-dono! Suzuki-dono!" Kanamori threw the duo their swords right before the tentacles wrapped around him. He had finished forging Muichiro's blade, and had found Chizuko's new katana by accident when he was thrown around by Gyokko. As far as he knew, Haganezuka was angry with the Fox hashira and so he hid her new blade somewhere.

Blam. The gigantic tentacles crushed the wooden shack.

"Hyo Hyo! How do you like the strength of an octopus! You can never escape now! Not under my nose!" Gyokko laughed, rather pleased with himself.

As if under a spell, even if he was slammed onto the floor, Haganezuka picked up his sharpening stone and continued polishing the ancient sword Tanjiro and Kotestu found.

This human!!!! Anger and jealousy bubbled in Gyokko, is he even sane!? "I'll crush and absorb you for sure! And bring the girlie to Muzan-sama!" Gyokko yelled at Chizuko, Muichiro and Kanamori, "and then I'll finish the stupid swordsmith after that!!"

With their katanas, Chizuko and Muichiro sliced off the tentacles as if they were made of tofu.

"Thank you," Muichiro suddenly turned to Kanamori, "for making this blade for me, Kanamori-san."

"N-No, Tokito-dono... I... I just followed the instructions from your first swordsmith, Tetsuido-san," Kanamori was surprised, the seemingly emotionless boy was thanking him.

"Ah... Right, Tetsuido-san... he died of a heart attack," Muichiro recalled. Sorry for making you worried, Tetsuido-san, I'm alright now, I hope you are resting well.

"Mist Breathing, Fifth Form, Sea of Clouds and Haze."

"Fox Breathing, Fourth Form, Kinko to Ginko, Omnyō!"