Chapter 25

"Oyakata-sama! Good morning! How are you today? Do you feel better?" Chizuko greeted on one knee.

Kagaya smiled and nodded, "Good morning and thank you, Chizuko. I'm doing fine today. How are you? Are you fully recovered from your injuries? How is your training going?"

Chizuko replied frantically, "A-Ah! Of course I'm fine! Oyakata-sama! I'm all recovered! Shinobu-san and Iguro-sama have been giving me training and some minor missions!"

"That's great to hear, my child," Kagaya was relieved. Since he could no longer see now, he could only rely on fellow slayers and the crows. From what Shinobu had said around three months ago, Chizuko was severely injured to near death. At first, Kagaya wasn't sure if he should assign her the mission or not, but Chizuko popped up in his mind when he first drafted the task.

"I have a mission for you, my child."

************************************************
Chizuko started packing, it was the first time she would be going on a mission that lasted for more than two weeks.

Kanao assisted Chizuko, she is going to leave for a long time. To be honest, she was worried. She remembered that night when a blood soaked Obanai barged into the mansion with Chizuko in his arms, no one had ever seen him in such panic. He didn't seem to notice the deep wound on his shoulder until Naho pointed it out.

If only I can help.

The thought had always popped up in her mind ever since Kanae's death. Almost every day she could only stand on the side and watch as people most important to her march into danger's embrace. First it was Kanae, then Hina, she didn't want to loose anyone again. What if they were not so lucky and lost Chizuko this time?

If only I can do something.

"Kanao-chan?" Chizuko tapped her shoulder, "Are you alright?" Kanao nodded, handing Chizuko a bento*. "Thanks, Kanao-chan, sorry for bothering you guys. I know the mansion has been busy this week," Chizuko smiled apologetically. As she recalled, a band of slayers came back several days ago, "Take care, Kanao-chan. I'll be back before you know it."

Waving goodbye to Kanao, Chizuko yelled, "See you soon! Kanao-chan! And please tell the others and Muichiro-kun about me!"

************************************************
Obanai was sitting in a restaurant with Mitsuri.

"CAW! Note for Iguro Obanai!" his crow landed on the table with a note.

Iguro-sama,
It's Suzuki. I'll be going on a long mission for a while. I'm sorry I can't tell you what it is about but I'll be back as soon as possible. By the way, we're running out of rice so you've got to buy some. See you soon.

Mitsuri fretted, "Eh!!? Where is Chizuko-chan heading? Why haven't we heard anything from Oyakata-sama?" Obanai shook his head, he was not informed about this and had no idea what this was about. It sounds dangerous, why isn't he sent with her? Kaburamaru hissed disappointedly, he sure would miss Chizuko.

Come back soon, Suzuki. Obanai carefully folded the note and placed it in his pocket.

************************************************
After four hours of torture, Chizuko stumbled off the ship.

"Caw!" Hachi pulled Chizuko by her collar, preventing her from dropping face first to the floor.

Although she was unexpectedly seasick, Chizuko's excitement didn't get blown away along with the sea breezes. It was the first time she had travelled this far all by herself. She went all the way from Tokyo to Aomori to catch the ship ride to Hokodate, Hokkaido.