Chapter 38

"Umai! Umai! Umai!" Kyojuro exclaimed while eating an astonishing amount of bento boxes.

Picking up a piece of egg roll with her chopsticks, Chizuko stifled a giggle. Rengoku-sama has never changed.

"What are you doing!!?" "They got swords!!" "Call the police!!" Shouting and hurried footsteps from outside of the train caught Chizuko's attention.

Eh? Swords? Chiuzko blinked, who else brings swords?

************************************************
"He had wild hair, and I remember his smell!" Tanjiro said to Zenitsu. Sniffing, he discovered another familiar smell, "Chizuko-san is also here? I think we're getting close-"

"Umai Umai Umai!" They were stunned by a booming voice.

"Ehh!!? Tanjiro-san! Nezuko-chan! Zenitsu-san!" Chizuko leapt up from her seat, she could barely contain her happiness, "What brings you guys here? Where's Inosuke-san?" Although they could be a handful sometimes, Chizuko truly enjoyed spending time with them.

"Chizuko-san!" Tanjiro and Zenitsu greeted. "Tanjiro, Chizuko-san, that's the flame hashira, right?" Zenitsu whispered. Tanjiro and Chizuko nodded. "Hm... He's not just a glutton?" Zenitsu commented, still shocked by the sheer amount of bento boxes.

Chizuko finally bursted into giggles, "Of course not, Zenitsu-san."

"Gonpanchiro! Monitsu!" Inosuke appeared behind Zenitsu, "What is Chusaro doing here? Are you here to fight me? The great Inosuke-sama will finally defeat you this time!"

Meanwhile, Tanjiro tried to ask Kyojuro about the Hinokami Kagura, "E-Excuse me? Rengoku-san?"

"Umai!"

"... Uh... Yes, Rengoku-san, I totally get that."

************************************************
"Ehhh!!? That's so cool!" Chizuko's eyes sparkled.

"It's a dance passed down from my ancestors," Tanjiro rubbed his neck, "I never thought it could be used like a breathing technique."

"I see! So that's it!" Kyojuro crossed his arms, "Well, I don't know! This is the first time I've heard about the Hinokami Kagura! But that's great that your father is able to apply it in fighting! And that's enough on this topic!"

"Huh!?" Tanjiro was startled by the sudden change of topic, "Rengoku-san! Can't you help me a bit more!!?"

"Maybe I can help you check out some scrolls at Iguro-sama's place, perhaps there'd be some information there?" Chizuko suggested.

"You should be my tsuguko! I'll look after you!" Kyojuro exclaimed, "Young Suzuki was the tsuguko of the serpent hashira Iguro Obanai!"

"Huh!?" Tanjiro was caught off guard. Aren't they changing topics a bit too fast?

************************************************
"WOAH! WOW! It's so fast!" Inosuke stuck his head out of the window, "I'm gonna run alongside! We'll race to see who's the fastest!!"

"Be careful! You idiot!" Zenitsu dragged Inosuke back, "Are there no limits to stupidity these days!!?"

"Better not!" Kyojuro sat a bit straighter, "We won't have any idea when the demon would appear!"

The Kamaboko squad froze, demon?

"GYYYAAAA!!! There's a demon on this train!!?" Zenitsu exploded in wails, "Here!!? Right now!!? I'm getting off!!! Where's the exit!!?"

"Over forty people have disappeared on this train," Chizuko recalled the information Kagaya gave them, "The corps sent a few swordsmen but they all went silent. That's why Rengoku-sama and I are sent here."