Chapter 52

Exhausted and sleep deprived, Obanai sped through the corridors of the butterfly mansion with a stuffed toy fox in one hand, and a cup of goldfish in the other.

He opened one of the doors as lightly as he could in a hurry.

"Caw," seeing that they had a visitor, Hachi pecked on Muichiro's head, who dozed off clutching Chizuko's hand.

"Tokito," Obanai placed the goldfish on the beside stool and the fox beside Chizuko's pillow, "You can go now, Kocho asked you to take some proper rest."

Muichiro shook his head, burying his face in Chizuko's motionless palm,

"I heard from Kanzaki-san that Chizuko can feel her hand being held, and she will know that someone is waiting for her."

Is it so?

Obanai picked up a chair from the corner and set it on the other side of the bed, taking Chizuko's free hand.

Then stay with us, Suzuki, we're waiting.

************************************************
The door slammed open.

"Tamayo-san!" Yushiro barged into the room, tearing a piece of talisman off his forehead, "Bad news!! Very very bad news!! Probably the worse in a decade!!"

The vial of blood almost slipped out of Tamayo's hands, she turned from the wooden bench with Chachamaru on her lap, "Slow down first, Yushiro, what is wrong?"

"They have found the blue spider lily!!!" Yushiro threw his hands in the air frantically, "Not exactly the plant but they found a perfect replica!! A person!!!"

Tamayo's eyes went round, "Wh-What!?"

"Tamayo-san! You remember that red haired girl you saved a year ago, right? And you've found an unidentifiable substance in her blood, right?" Yushiro's voice was edged with nervousness, "It's the blue spider lily! The thing Kibutsuji has been so desperately searching for centuries!! It's in her blood!!"

"Then Muzan won't stop until he has found her," Tamayo took some paper and an envelope out from her drawer, "We have to warn the demon slayers."

************************************************
Chizuko blushed scarlet, she stammered, "Muichiro-kun, i-it's fine! I can walk by myself!"

"You are not heavy," Muichiro was carrying Chizuko bridal style.

They were in the swordsmith village.

"Wh-what if someone sees us? W-We don't want rumours flying around right? A-And I wasn't limping! I-I was just tired!" Chizuko's blush deepened, "D-Don't you have an admirer? Wh-What if she hears about this?"

Muichiro replied without hesitation, "I don't care."

Chizuko doubted if it were possible for her face to become redder. Her pulse was speeding and her cheeks literally burned. She mentally slapped herself, of all the things she could be thinking about, her mind was painfully aware of his toned torso and arms. When did he- Screw it! Pull yourself together! Chizuko! She was so flustered that she was malfunctioning.

So... cute. Muichiro looked at Chizuko's tomato like cheeks. He stared into her eyes, drunken with sweet nostalgia. His heart was pounding, almost leaping out from his throat. He gulped as he tugged her closer to him, of all the things he could look at, his gaze was fixated on her soft lips. He wants to- No, screw it, what is he thinking? He was too preoccupied to notice that they reached the end of the stairs.

Stop, you'll make him suffer! Chizuko's eyes widened, her giddiness evaporated. Glancing around, Chizuko stammered, "A-Ah! We've arrived at the onsen! Thanks for carrying me up the stairs, Muichiro-kun!"