Chapter 51

Hayashi wiped his forehead, his sleeves were long stained with crimson blood.

The wounds on his skin were very much like the dried soil after a terrible drought, broken and fractured. He hissed, he felt as if someone continued pouring boiling water on him, the hairs on his arms were standing because of static electricity.

Still, he stood in front of his two friends and the Fox hashira with shaky legs.

"Thunder Breathing, Fifth Form, Heat Lightning!"

Kaigaku appeared in front of Hayashi within seconds.

Slash.

Hayashi gasped as Kaigaku's arms fell onto the floor almost soundlessly.

Chizuko stood between Kaigaku and Hayashi, blood was dripping from her katana.

Kaigaku stumbled away from Chizuko in shock, her breathing is different. His jaw dropped upon gazing at her face. Like him, her pupils were slitted. He could see black veins framing her eyes, and how her canines grew into sharp fangs through her bared teeth. 

"Thank you for protecting me," Chizuko nodded to Hayashi, Yashida and Katou,

"Now please stay back, leave everything to me."

The powers granted to her by the flower... has fully awakened. Kokushibo stepped forward, and the mark has appeared. There was no doubt that he had to capture her before she could harness her new found strength, and to bring such a miraculous find to lord Muzan.

"Moon Breathing, Sixth Form: Perpetual Night, Lonely Moon - Incessant," he released a series of attacks without warning.

Chizuko was sliced up like a carrot on the chop board. Instead of falling apart though, her arms were again reattaching themselves, and her wounds were healing in a rate that could rival Kaigaku.

He has never seen such a unique, peculiar case. Slight excitement emerged in Kokushibo's emotionless heart, it was long since he found interest in an opponent.

"Fox Breathing, First Form, Byyako, Foxfire."

Chizuko leapt, the soil under her feet cracked. She dashed towards Kokushibo in an unbelievably blinding speed, gone in a flash.

She has the abilities of a demon, Kokushibo remarked while redirecting Chizuko's slash with ease, temporary abilities that will wear off.

A plan popped up in his head.

************************************************
Chizuko huffed and puffed.

The cuts over her body were restoring slower compared to at first.

Was it sunrise yet? She couldn't tell. Kokushibo had led them deep into the forest, the tall trees blocking the sky made it difficult to determine the sun's position.

Just as Chizuko thought Kokushibo's Moon Breathing would wipe out a whole lot of trees, reality was opposite, he avoided the woody plants purposefully and successfully all while targeting her. Chizuko didn't dare to imagine what would happen if it weren't for the almost magical traits the blue spider lily granted her.

She somehow felt that Kokushibo was holding back, what is he waiting for?

Feeling something clogging her throat, Chizuko coughed.

She froze immediately, her face drained of colour.

There was a handful of sticky, lukewarm blood on her palm.

Excruciating pain overtook her whole figure as multiple gashes opened up, tearing her flesh apart down to the bones. She could feel a few of her ribs snap.