Chapter 32

Wiping blood from his mouth, Muichiro lifted his head,

"Ch-Chizuko?"

His gaze focused on her eyepatch immediately, what Hachi had reported to Oyakata-sama was true. Raw anger gushed from the bottom of his heart and coursed through his system, why was Chizuko always hurt by those inhuman beings?

Gripping the pillar, Muichiro rose from the floor. "Who," he coughed out blood, "Who did that to you."

"Muichiro!" Chizuko exclaimed, helping him stand, "What happened!!? Is there a thief? Did anyone attack you!? Where is your wound!? Let me treat it!" Were they under attack? Why didn't anyone notice? If only she arrived sooner.

Muichiro shook his head, he was just training. He didn't realise his body couldn't take it until he fell limp and spat out blood.

"D-Don't worry! I'll take you to Shinobu-san!" Chizuko placed Muichiro's arms around her shoulders, fighting the hunger in her, "Hachi! Please tell Oyakata-sama I'm not free right now!"

************************************************
"Ara ara, don't worry, Chizuko-chan," Shinobu stopped Chizuko's pacing, "Tokito-san is completely fine. But he has to watch how much he trains everyday."

"I see. Thank you, Shinobu-san," Chizuko let out a relieved breath, she thought Muichiro had some kind of incurable disease for a moment.

Shinobu peered at Chizuko's eyepatch. Chizuko had refused to take it off ever since she was back, and then insisted she could clean her wound herself when Shinobu offered to help. Chizuko was a bad lair, Shinobu could tell that she was hiding something.

"Chizuko-chan?" Shinobu's smile softened into a genuine one, "I promise I won't judge whatever that's under the eyepatch. And I can say the same for all the girls here. We will stand by your side no matter what."

Chizuko nodded gratefully, "Th-Thank you, Shinobu-san. B-But I think I-I need some time. I'm sorry."

"It's alright, Chizuko-chan, take your time," Shinobu reassured Chizuko, "You are our family, we won't abandon you."

"I'm going back to training," the door slammed open, revealing an almost mummified Muichiro.

"Ara ara, Tokito-san!" Shinobu's smile twisted, veins popped from her forehead, "What did I tell you about training?"

************************************************
Fireflies danced in the grass and bushes of the Ubuyashiki estate.

After listening to Muichiro's situation from Oyakata-sama, Chizuko decided to do everything in her power to assist him in training, and so she slept over at Muichiro's.

"Muichiro-kun, I know you are very hardworking, but please take care of yourself too," Chizuko pouted, he really scared her in the afternoon.

Muichiro shrugged, he didn't want to distress Chizuko, but would like to continue with his method. Though she didn't understand the rage that pushed him forward, happiness blossomed in his heart, she is here for him.

Smiling slightly, Muichiro leaned on Chizuko's shoulder. Their faces flushed and both averted their gaze to the bright moon hanging in the sky.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" they asked each other at the same time.

Chizuko bursted into giggles. Muichiro admired the sound, her laugh was like the furins* of summer.

"Muichiro-kun," Chizuko looked into Muichiro's eyes with seriousness never before seen, "I-I want to show you something. You a-are the first one to see it. C-Can you promise to not to hate me after seeing it?"