Taisho Secrets 3

The facts of the original plot ( •̀ω•́ )

The facts of the original plot ( •̀ω•́ )✧

1. Tomioka Giyu
The original plot :
Giyu was extra depressed because it was the death anniversary of his sister, Tsukasa. He wanted some time alone on that day, and so he left a note telling Chizuko to take a break for a day. Chizuko got the wrong idea of Giyu wanting to end his own life and stared looking for him frantically. (this was kind of influenced by Shinobu as she always teases Giyu about no one liking him, which Chizuko didn't know Shinobu was joking) Chizuko eventually found Giyu, they ended up making floating lanterns for the loved ones they missed.

Deleted because :
Floating lanterns (Tōrō nagashi) didn't exist in the Taisho period

2. Himejima Gyomei
The original plot :
Chizuko would be training with Gyomei and Genya for a week instead of simply stopping by to pay Genya a visit. She was to undergo the waterfall and boulder pushing training. Thus Chizuko would not know Genya was Sanemi's brother at first, though Genya would remind Chizuko of Sanemi.

Deleted because :
It would be too long to include everything as planned originally

3. Shinazugawa Genya
The original plot :
Chizuko and Genya were to meet at the butterfly mansion when Obanai was training Chizuko's strength and precision by asking her to slice watermelons into half with a kitchen knife in one go (Genya's favourite food were watermelons so yea he would appear there)

Deleted because :
Practically speaking, fruits like watermelons should be quite expensive in the past, so there shouldn't be so many watermelons to train on.

4. Kaburamaru
The original plot :
Kaburamaru was to "babysit" Chizuko when Obanai was away (to put it in a simple way, Kaburamaru was to be left to stay with Chizuko)

Deleted because :
Obanai couldn't really go anywhere without Kaburamaru.

5. "No"
This is entirely unrelated to the plot, it is more like a fun fact. I personally find it quite funny (?) that the first comments for this fanfic I received was "no" when Hina was announced dead.