Chapter 60

Placing her hand on Muichiro's shoulder, Chizuko giggled at something he said.

They were waiting for the emergency pillar meeting to start.

"Kyyyyyaa!!!" Mitsuri squealed, trying her best to lower her volume as she and the others peeked from the outside, "I told you guys!! They are so adorable!!"

Shinobu nodded, her smile grew a bit softer, a tad more natural. She had took notice of how the pair were glued to each other during their stay at the butte mansion. But her voice was filled with sweet poison once again as she poked Giyu's shoulder, "Ara ara! Tomioka-san! Please don't go in yet! People will hate you more if you do so!"

Obanai's eyebrow jumped, his face and aura darkened. At first, he thought Kanroji was exaggerating. He was sort of in denial, although his visits to the butterfly mansion said otherwise.

"And then... these two triangles overlap like this," sitting on the bed, Muichiro was teaching Chizuko how to fold paper cranes. Chizuko leaned on his shoulder, enjoying the peaceful moment after Zenitsu and Inosuke stopped by for a chat.

"Suzuki, Tokito, what are you doing," Obanai appeared at the door all of a sudden.

Chizuko jolted and straightened from her position, almost falling off the bed, "I-Iguro-sama!!?"

"Folding paper cranes," Muichiro answered without batting an eye.

Obanai stared at the duo, raising a questioning eyebrow.

He went livid as Muichiro decided to stick his tongue out.

"Oi, what the hell is everyone doing here," Sanemi was confused, the meeting was about to be held indoors, not outdoors.

"Wait! Shinazugawa-san! Don't go in yet!!" Mitsuri stopped Sanemi frantically.

"Why not?"

"B-Because if we all go in now Chizuko-chan and Tokito-san would notice that we are spying on them!" Mitsuri blurted a bit too loudly.

"H-hah?" Sanemi blinked, more confused.

The screen door slid open, revealing Chizuko and Muichiro, with the former blushing madly.

Awkward silence suspended in the air.

************************************************
"I envy you guys," Sanemi broke the silence, "Why can't I run into Upper Moons?"

"It's not like they appear everyday," Obanai turned to Mitsuri, trying to diffuse the awkwardness hanging in the air, "How are you these days? Kanroji?"

"I-I feel a lot better now!" Mitsuri lifted her head, surprised by Obanai's concern, "Thank you! Iguro-san!"

Obanai nodded, "And what about you? Suzuki? Tokito?"

"I feel better too, Iguro-sama, thank you," Chizuko smiled, pointing to her face, "See? I don't need my eyepatch anymore!"

"I feel better as well," Muichiro replied, "not at full strength though."

"The demon slayers will be in trouble if we loose anymore hashira," Gyomei pointed out, "Defeating two Upper Moons... The three of you did a noble job."

"Not to mention you all recovered incredibly fast," Shinobu asked, "did something happen?"

"Oyakata-sama probably wants to discuss about this," Giyu concluded.

"I'm sorry for the long wait," a voice came from behind them.

"Good morning, Amane-sama," the hashira greeted and bowed.