Chapter 36

"Chizuko-chan! You should take a rest!" Aoi tried to shoo Chizuko away, "You just came back from Nagoya!"

"It's okay! Aoi-chan! You and Kanao-chan should get some rest!" Chizuko smiled, "I know you two have been working nonstop this week! Hachi told me a band of demon slayers just came back from Mountain Natagumo, right?"

"Yes but those three aren't as easy to handle as you think!" Aoi pinched the area between her eyebrows, feeling her headache return, "Well, one is more normal but the other two are plain mishap!"

"That's why you need a rest, Aoi-chan! I can handle this!" Chizuko petted Aoi's shoulder, she could see the dark circles around Aoi's eyes.

Besides, how hard could it be?

************************************************
"MHAHAHAHA! GONPANCHIRO! MONITSU! FIGHT ME!" Inosuke chased after Zenitsu.

"TANJIRO!!!" Zenitsu whined.

"Zenitsu! Inosuke! Stop it before Aoi-chan and Kanao-chan comes!" Tanjiro tried to separate his two friends, Aoi would definitely be angry if she saw them misbehaving. But speaking of Aoi and Kanao, why weren't they here yet?

Someone else is coming. Tanjiro could tell by new scent entering his nose. Like Kanao, it was a completely different smell from others, except that it was exactly the scent of a hashira. Tanjiro blinked, who could it be? He sniffed again to make sure he didn't mistake the faint undertones, why was the person giving off a scent similar to Nezuko's?

The doors slid open to reveal a girl with wavy red hair, and an eyepatch.

The Kamaboko squad halted, staring at her in surprise.

"H-Hi," Chizuko greeted with a slight bow, "I-I am Suzuki Chizuko, the fox hashira! It is nice to meet you all! I will be substituting Aoi-chan and Kanao-chan today!"

Suzuki Chizuko? The name rang a bell in Tanjiro's head.

"E-Ehh!!?" Tanjiro exclaimed, placing his hand on his forehead, "Tamayo-san, you mean... her eye... was swiped by Kibutsuji!?"

Tamayo nodded, "Yes. Yushiro and I met this girl a year ago. Her name should be Suzuki Chizuko, according to her crow. She was about to be changed, all I gave her was a healing serum but she managed to remain human except for her eye. I had took a sample of her blood when she was in a comma, as I believed it had something to do with her blood. It turned out her blood was indeed special. Could you please collect a sample of her blood for me if you ever see her someday?"

"Chizuko-chan~! Please marry me! Do you have a boyfriend already? Do you want me to be your boyfriend?" Zenitsu bombarding Chizuko with questions snapped Tanjiro out of his thoughts.

"E-Eh?" Chizuko was petrified as Zenitsu held her hand. Why is he asking her these questions? Didn't they only meet for a few minutes? But... he seems like a nice person, right?

"You are a hashira!!?" Inosuke poked Chizuko's shoulder, "MHAHAHAHA! Fight me! If I, the great Inosuke-sama, defeats you, I am the strongest ever!!! Hahahaha!!!!"

"Zenitsu! Inosuke!" Tanjiro immediately pulled his friends away, "Sorry, Suzuki-san! Please forgive them! These are my friends Agatsuma Zenitsu and Hashibara Inosuke. I am Kamado Tanjiro, it is very nice to meet you!"

"I-It's fine!" Chizuko beamed at Tanjiro, "You and your friends are cute!"

Tanjiro's face turned into a tomato and Inosuke felt flowers floating around him.

"KYYYAAAA!" Zenitsu hugged Chizuko's arm, "Chizuko-chan you're the cutest here~! Please marry me!!!"

"What the hell do you think you are doing," a threatening voice came from their backs.