Chapter 43

"Chizuko-san!!!" Tanjiro cried, wanting to get up from the ground.

"Her name is Chizuko?" a smirk crept up Azaka's face, "I finally have her name then... And as for you..."

Leaping into the air all of a sudden, Akaza's fist aimed for Tanjiro's forehead.

"Flame Breathing, Second Form, Rising Scorching Sun!" Kyojuro unsheathed his blade in a blink of an eye, protecting Tanjiro by slashing Akaza's arm.

Akaza's arm regenerated almost as quickly as how Kyojuro pulled out his sword. Instead of being provoked, Akaza grinned amusedly while licking the blood that dripped from his wound, "Nice katana. I thought I couldn't be more impressed tonight, but I guess I was wrong."

Judging by his rate of regeneration and aura, he must be an upper ranked demon! Kyojuro stepped in front of Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Nezuko, "Why would someone powerful as you attack the wounded first?" he then gestured to Chizuko, "And put her down, she is injured heavily."

"I hate weak humans, weakness makes my skin crawl," Akaza glanced at Tanjiro with slight disgust in his marked eyes, "And I think he might interrupt the conversation we are about to have. As for this girl," Akaza placed Chizuko on the floor beside him, "One of my duties for today would be taking her away."

"You and I have very different values," Kyojuro frowned, "And I forbid you from kidnapping Suzuki."

"I can tell your strength just by looking at you, your fighting spirit... is developed to the edge of perfection!" Akaza rubbed his chin, "I have a great idea, why don't you become a demon?"

"I am the Flame hashira Rengoku Kyojuro," Kyojuro had his hands on his blade, "I refuse your suggestion, I have many reasons not to become a demon."

"I am Akaza. Let me tell you why both you and your little friend's power will never truly reach perfection," Akaza pointed at Kyojuro, "It is simply because you both are human, you will die. I honestly do not understand your logic, the two of you have such magnificent talent that even I myself envy. You are just going to watch it wither away someday? Become a demon, don't let such gifts go to waste."

Tanjiro struggled to crawl up, get up! Get to Chizuko-san! He had to help, Akaza smelled too much like Muzan. Where is his sword?

"Growing old and dying, is the beauty and meaning of the fleeting life of humans," Kyojuro wasn't moved by Akaza's words, "Our lives have value, nobility and dignity because of ageing and dying. Your perception of strength is twisted, it is not a source that can be measured by flesh."

"This boy is not weak," Kyojuro spoke up for Tanjiro, "Do not insult him, nor Suzuki's illness. I will only repeat this once, I have no intention of becoming a demon."

"Very well then," Akaza bent down into a martial arts stance, "I will have to kill you if you insist remaining human."

"Flame Breathing, First Form, Unknowing Fire!" Kyojuro wasted no time charging into battle.

************************************************
"Chizuko-chan! Chizuko-chan!"

Hm? Chizuko couldn't find the strength to lift her eyelids, the only sensation she could feel at the moment was pain.

"Chizuko-chan! Rengoku-sama is going to die! You got to help him!"

Huh!? Chizuko's eyes snapped open as her grandma, Hina, Ichika and Haruto's worried faces flashed in her mind.

The dust that danced in the air set Chizuko off in a fit of coughs. Wiping blood from her mouth, Chizuko's gaze was fixated on the battlefield in the middle immediately.