Part 3✨

~A week later~
22:00pm
Third Person POV:

Heaving breathing echoed throughout the practice room as Eclipse finished their practice session for the night. Four hours of practice left them all exhausted as they trudged towards the door. "I'm going to stay back for a few hours, you guys go without me" Y/n spoke up as they were all leaving the room.
"Y/n, you've been staying back everyday this week and coming home at one or two in the morning, you need to take a break and look after yourself, we're getting worried" Minyoung said as she stepped towards Y/n and put a hand on her shoulder.
"I know you're worried about MAMA and want to do well but if you keep pushing yourself like this you will hurt yourself".
Y/n smiled softly at her leader and held the hand that was resting on her shoulder.
"Min please don't worry about me, I feel fine and I'm staying healthy, I'll come home earlier tonight if that will make you feel better" Y/n offered and Minyoung just sighed and nodded. She patted the younger's head and left with the other girls to return to their dorms, leaving Y/n behind. Y/n wished that she could tell her members why she was working so hard but who knows what her manager would do to her if she told anyone she was doing a solo dance.

She sighed and walked over to the mirror and examined her features and overall small figure. Purple bags were forming under her almond eyes due to the lack of sleep she had been getting and she had begun to look paler than usual. She halfheartedly smiled at herself, causing dimples to appear on both sides of her face. She ran a hand through her long hair as she walked to the other side of the room to play Bts' 'Boy Meets Evil' on the new speaker.

She positioned herself in the middle of the room and once the music started playing she closed her eyes and started moving to the sound, mimicking J-hope's moves that played in her mind.

Once she opened her eyes she saw someone standing in the door way with their arms crossed observing her. When she made eye contact with them she stopped dancing and turned off the music.
"How long have you been standing there?" She asked between breaths.
"Well I heard the music and came to see what it was, so a while" they said as they uncrossed their arms and stepped into the room.
"Why are you still here? It's past 10 and the rest of your group already left" they said as they stood in front of her and examined her face.
"I'm practicing" she said bluntly and without any other explanation she went back to the speaker to turn the music back on.

Before she could, the person held onto her wrist and turned her around abruptly.
"Chani what are you doing? Let me go" she said shifting uncomfortably under his intense stare.
"Y/n you're overworking yourself, I heard Minyoung talking to Youngbin about how you've been staying back every night and coming home late"
"And? It's none of your business" she said as she released his grip on her wrist and looked up at him.
"Why are you practicing so much?"
"Because"
"Tell me"
"No"
"Y/n"
"Chani"
"I'm being serious"
Y/n sighed and looked down at the floor, moving her foot slightly.
"Chani I cant tell you, I wish I could but I just can't"
"Y/n talk to me, I won't say anything to anyone if you don't want me to, even Minyoung or Youngbin"
She looked back up at him and made eye contact, she had to tilt her head up as he was a lot taller than she was.
"I'm doing a solo dance at MAMA.." she confessed.
His eyes softened as he looked at her and took her hands into his own.
"Y/n I'm proud of you but you're pushing yourself too hard, you're practicing for at least 8 hours a day for your group performance and then another three for this....it's too much" he said as he looked down at their hands. She suddenly hugged him and placed her head under his chin. Shaking her head and smiling softly she said "you don't need to worry about me, I'll be fine, I promise". She held out her pinky finger to him and after a few seconds he locked his own finger around hers.
"I'll just practice for a few more minutes and then I'll go home okay?" She said as she let go of him and walked back to the speaker. He nodded and sat down against the mirror.
"What are you doing?" She asked
"Watching" he replied
She slowly turned to the speaker confused and pressed play.

As the song played and as Y/n danced, Chani watched in awe at how well she was dancing, he watched how smooth each move was and noticed how calm she was when dancing. When the song stopped playing and Y/n had finished dancing, he stood up and clapped loudly making her laugh. He smiled when he heard her laugh, realising how cute the sound was. He surprised himself as he thought about her laugh, not realising that he had called her cute until after he said it out loud. He quickly covered his mouth and averted his eyes from her direction. When he didn't hear anything he looked back up at her and saw that she was blushing and had a small smile on her face. When she realised he was looking at her she gasped and threw the water bottle that was on the floor at him.
"D-dont look at me! You can't just say something like t-that"
He laughed at her childish behaviour and walked towards the door.
"Come on, we should get back to the dorms before Minyoung kills you and I both".
She huffed behind him as she followed him to the dorms.