Part 37✨

Y/n's POV:

Chani and I sat in silence on a small wooden bench, a few metres away from the park. My hands were placed under my legs as I struggled to reach the ground with my feet. I felt Chani's eyes on me so I turned my head to look at him,
"Why didn't you say anything at the studio when I asked you about what we were?" I asked breaking the uncomfortable silence. He sighed and looked down, fidgeting with his hands in his lap.
"I got scared and I thought it was for the best if I didn't say I wanted to be with you...but I guess I was wrong" he mumbled.
"Has anything changed...?" I hesitantly asked.
"What do you mean?" He asked confused as he took a short glance at me before looking back down at his hands.
"Do you still feel as though we shouldn't be together?" I questioned as I moved my body to face him, crossing my legs on the seat.
"Y/n I want to be with you and you know that but we can't.." he answered sadly. I sighed and grabbed his hands, intertwining them with my own.
"Why not?" I asked, moving my head so he was forced to look at me. He finally looked back at me, making eye contact,
"The company...if they found out.." he softly muttered.
"Then we'll make sure they don't find out" I retorted as I lightly squeezed his hands.

He remained silent as he continued to stare into my eyes. He then looked down at our intertwined hands and gently ran his thumb over the top of my hand.
"Can we please at least give it a try? We can't just throw everything we had away.." I pleaded. He looked back up at my eyes and smiled softly,
"Okay...we can give it a try, but we can't tell anyone about it, not even our members." I immediately broke out into genuine smile and removed my hands from his, placing them over his shoulders to hug to him. He returned the embrace and placed his head on my shoulder,
"So...Lee Y/n..will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?" He asked causing me to giggle at his formal behaviour. I pushed myself away from him so I could look at him as I eagerly nodded my head.
"Of course" I replied causing him to gently cup my cheeks so he could place a short but sweet kiss on my lips. When he pulled away he looked at me lovingly but seriously,
"I promise I will never hurt you again" he promised as he held out his pinky finger to me which I gladly wrapped my own finger around, securing the promise.
"I love you" I stated as I smiled adoringly up at him.
"I love you too pabo.." he whispered before placing another kiss on my lips, this time it was longer than the last, it was soft and filled with love. I closed my eyes as I melted into it and wrapped my arms around his neck as he continued to cup my cheeks with his hands. He smiled into the kiss before slowly pulling away.
"I missed you.." he whispered as he rested his forehead against mine, his breath hitting my lips.
"I missed you too" I replied as I lent up to place a short peck on his lips.

After a while of sitting on the bench in each other's company and embrace, Chani walked me back to the dorm, his hand intertwined with mine. Before entering the room I wrapped my arms his torso, placing my head against his chest.
"You should probably go now before Piper kills you.." I spoke into his chest, my voice slightly muffled by the fabric of his shirt. He nodded and kissed my forehead before I removed my arms from around him. I smiled softly at him as he waved at me before retreating down the hallway and to the elevator. I opened the door to the dorm and walked in, closing it softly behind me. I lent against it and closed my eyes, smiling to myself as I thought about my boyfriend. Kang Chanhee is my boyfriend. My boyfriend is Kang Chanhee. I have a freaking boyfriend!. As I continued to think about it, I squealed and jumped around the dorm out of joy. Jisoo who was sitting on the couch gave me a judgemental look,
"What's up with you?" She asked as her eyes followed my figure around the dorm. I was about to tell her why I was so happy but realised that I shouldn't tell anyone in case the company ended up finding out. I quickly stopped jumping and my smile disappeared.
"Oh Uhm nothing...nothing's up with me...what's up with you?" I asked as I tried to act as if nothing had happened. Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows and rolled her eyes at me before averting her attention back to her phone.
"I swear you get weirder everyday" she spoke. I just shrugged and walked to my room, shutting the door behind me, placing my back against it.
"This is going to be hard to keep a secret" I mumbled to myself as I dragged my hands down my face.