Part 53✨

1:00am
Third Person POV:

Y/n tossed around in her bed struggling to fall asleep. She huffed and stared up at the dark ceiling accepting that she won't be able to sleep. She turned on her side and grabbed her phone from the bedside table, opening it and squinting at the bright light that illuminated onto her face. Her thumb gently scrolled through the contacts on her phone, stopping when she found Chani's. She pressed it and held it up to her ear, closing her eyes as she listened to the sound of it ringing. After a few seconds Chani picked up, his voice deep and croaky,
"Hey baby are you okay?" He asked. She hummed into the phone and sat up slightly,
"I'm sorry if I woke up you up."
"No it's okay, what's wrong?" He asked slightly concerned.
"I can't sleep.." she mumbled into the phone, fidgeting with the sheets covering her legs.
"Do you want to meet at the park?" He suggested before clearing his throat. Y/n smiled and pulled the sheets off of her body,
"Yes please" she replied.

~20 minutes later~

Chani sat on the small wooden bench in the middle of the park with his hands in his pockets as he waited for Y/n to show up. When he saw her approaching he smiled to himself as he observed her. She had her arms wrapped tightly around her body as she shuffled to the bench. When she made it to the bench, Chani stood up and embraced her in a hug, Y/n immediately returning the embrace.
"I missed you" she said, her voice slightly muffled by his chest.
"I missed you too" he said as he tightened his grip around her. They removed their arms from around each other and sat down on the bench, keeping close to one another. Y/n leaned into his side and rested her head on his shoulder as he placed his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his body.
"How's your shoulder feeling?" She asked as she took ahold of his free hand, playing with his fingers.
"It still hurts, some days are better than others but I'm still not allowed to practice or promote with the group for at least another week" he answered, watching her play with his hand.

Y/n sighed sadly and looked up at him,
"I hope you get better soon.." she softly said. Chani furrowed his brows as he looked back at her, his eyes trailing over her face.
"What's wrong?" He asked, knowing that something was upsetting his girlfriend.
"I just don't feel comfortable doing the choreography with Jaemin, he's nice and all but it feels wrong.." she mumbled. Chani sighed and brought his hand up to gently caress her cheek.
"It's okay the performance at K-CON is soon so you won't have to do it with him for much longer.." he comforted as he smiled at her. She returned the smile and nodded,
"I know but I would rather do it with you." He quickly pecked her lips and looked back down at her,
"I wish I could do it with you as well... hey your birthday is coming up after K-CON so how about we do something special for it to make up for me not being able to do the choreography with you?" He suggested causing Y/n's eyes to light up as she nodded at him lovingly. He chuckled at her reaction and gave her a short kiss, his lips lingering on hers for a few seconds. He slowly pulled away from her and moved her head so it was back to resting on his shoulder.

"Chani I'm scared.." Y/n spoke softly. Chani placed his hand in her hair, slowly moving it around,
"Of what?" He asked.
"What if the company finds out about us? What will happen? I mean Minyoung and Inseong already know so how long will it take for everyone else to find out..." she uttered quietly. Chani sighed,
"I'm scared too, but no matter what happens I'll be here to protect you and I won't ever leave your side okay?" He said, moving his head so he was looking at her. She slowly nodded, keeping her eyes focused on the playground in front of her. The couple embraced each other and talked for the next hour until deciding to part ways to go back to their own dorms.