Part 36✨

Third Person POV:

The pair walked in silence for a while until they stopped at a small and empty playground at a nearby park. Due to it being late at night, the park was very dark, only an old streetlight lighting up a small portion of the playground. Y/n walked over to two swings and sat on one of them, kicking the dirt below her with her feet. Chani observed the girl before awkwardly sitting down on the swing next to her. He copied her behaviour and lightly moved his feet around in the dirt underneath him.
"Well what did you want to talk about?" she asked, barely audible for him to hear.
"I should have said this earlier but I'm sorry..." he mumbled, keeping his gaze fixed on the ground in front of him.
"Sorry for what? Sorry for using me? Or sorry for not telling me that you were using me? Or maybe are you sorry for disappearing for two weeks?" She asked harshly as she finally looked at him. He sighed and looked back at her, his face softening when he saw the tears in her eyes and the pain written across her face.

"Y/n I didn't use you..I would never do that, especially not to you" he admitted as he maintained eye contact with her. She scoffed at his statement and looked down.
"That's bullshit, you made me believe that you actually cared about me... everything that we did together was all for nothing.." she said, her voice getting progressively softer as more tears filled her eyes.
"I had hope that we could have been something...I was so stupid and naive to think that you actually wanted something real and genuine with me.." she said as a tear fell from one of her eyes and onto her lap.
"I..I really didn't want to hurt you, everything we did together wasn't all for nothing...I did actually care about you and I still do...I was just scared...scared that you would get hurt more if we were in a relationship" he mumbled as he played with his hands in his lap.
"Why couldn't you have just told me you didn't want a relationship..." Y/n mumbled, her voice cracking mid sentence. Chani looked at her sadly,
"Because that would have been a lie, Y/n the company doesn't allow idols to date and if we did and they found out we could have gotten into serious trouble and I didn't want you to get hurt...but I guess I hurt you anyway...so I'm sorry" he apologised. She continued to look down as more tears fell from her eyes.

She put her head in her hands as she began to cry more, not wanting to show her face to the male beside her. Chani's heart broke at the sight of her crying, knowing that he was the reason why. She suddenly stood up and pushed the swing back with her legs, walking away from the male. She crossed her arms and walked further away from the park as she continued to cry. She walked along the concrete footpath, sobbing more and more with each step she took. With the next step she took, she collapsed onto the ground and cried into her hands. At the sight of her falling, Chani quickly ran over to her. He went to place his hand on her shoulder but was forcefully pushed away from the heartbroken girl.
"Don't touch me!" She yelled as tears rolled violently down her reddened and puffy face.
"Don't pretend like you care now...I fucking loved you! and I hate myself so much because I still love you even after you hurt me" she cried as she stood up and pushed his chest with one finger.

Chani froze at her words and allowed her to continue pushing him. He stared down at her for a few seconds before grabbing both of her wrists, disabling her from pushing him.
"Y/n please stop and listen to me" he pleaded causing her to calm down slightly and silently look up at him.
"I never said I didn't want to be in a relationship you, that's all I wanted Y/n, I wanted you to be mine more than anything but I also wanted to protect you, I didn't want to disappear for two weeks but I didn't know what else to do and I know I'm stupid and I hate myself for leaving you like that and making you think I didn't care, but I do care, I care so much that it hurts, it hurts knowing that I hurt you and it hurts seeing you like this." He paused briefly to take a breath as Y/n silently listened to what he had to say, tears still falling from her eyes.

"Y/n...I love you so much and you're stupid if you didn't know that already, all I want to do is protect you and keep you safe and the last two weeks have been so hard knowing that you were hurting because of me... and I'm so so sorry that I wasn't there but if you let me I will be here for you every single day and night until you get tired of me...just please give me another chance.." Chani begged as he moved his hands into hers, lightly holding onto them. He stared at her with hope and longing in his eyes as tears threatened to fall from them. She stared up at him overwhelmed by what he just told her. She suddenly wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly, afraid that if she were to let go he would disappear forever.
"I'll give you another chance.." she said quietly into his chest. He smiled out of relief as a tear slid down his cheek.