Part 59✨

Chani's POV:

My eye twitched as I watched Jaemin place his arm around Y/n's waist as she held her phone up to take a photo with him. She lowered her phone and scrolled through the various photos she had taken. Jaemin's arm remained around her waist as he peered over her shoulder causing me to tighten the grip I had on the flowers in my hand. I was about to walk over to them and tell Jaemin off but before I could I was pulled into an empty dressing room.
"What the-" I was interrupted by a hand being placed over my mouth. I relaxed slightly but remained confused as I stared at Minyoung in front of me.
"First of all it was dumb for you to come here on your own with flowers for her and second of all I wasn't about to let you do another stupid thing by creating a scene with Jaemin" she paused as she removed her hand from my mouth.
"I know you don't like him and to be honest I don't either but don't risk exposing your relationship just because you're jealous" she stated sternly as she looked me in the eyes while crossing her arms. I looked down at the flowers in my hand and sighed, placing them on a table nearby.

"Minyoung it's not that I'm jealous, he just gets on my nerves and the way he touches her and acts around her makes me want to punch him" I said as I leant against the table, balling my hand into a fist. She gave me a sympathetic smile,
"I understand, I don't like the way he acts around her either but hopefully you won't have to see him that much anymore and I told Y/n that if he keeps flirting with her that she should tell him that she doesn't like him and that it makes her uncomfortable  so try not to worry too much okay?" She said in an attempt to calm me down. I looked up at her and halfheartedly smiled. I glanced over at the flowers and took them in my hands, holding them out to her,
"Would you be able to give these to her for me? I should probably go" I asked, receiving a nod from her as she took the flowers from my hands.
"You'll see her next week for her birthday?" Minyoung asked before she walked out of the door, turning around slightly as she waited for my answer.
"I wouldn't miss it" I nodded causing her to smile and walk out of the door.

Third Person POV:

Minyoung exited the room with Chani, patting him on the back sympathetically as he took one last glance at Y/n and Jaemin before walking away. Minyoung sighed and turned towards the younger idols. Jaemin's hand was removed from Y/n's waist, but he remained close to her side as they engaged in light conversation. Minyoung approached the two and smiled as they both turned to look at her.
"Y/n would I be able to talk to you for a second?" She asked, sparing Jaemin a short glance. The younger girl smiled at her leader and nodded, saying a quick goodbye to Jaemin before stepping aside to talk to Minyoung. The older girl pulled Y/n into a tight hug,
"You did so well! I'm so proud of you Y/n" Minyoung said as she swayed the younger back and forth, careful not squish the flowers in her hands. She pulled away and held the flowers out to her.
"These are from Chani, he was going to give them to you himself but I told him it probably would've been better if people didn't see you together" Minyoung said as she handed Y/n the flowers. The younger girl looked a little disheartened that she wasn't able to see her boyfriend but nonetheless she was thankful.

She brought the flowers up to her nose and smiled as the pleasant scent of her favourite flowers invaded her senses.
"Thank you Unnie I'll call him later to say thank you" Y/n said as she looked up at Minyoung and smiled gratefully. Minyoung returned the smile and linked her arm around Y/n's.
"So...it's your birthday next week are you excited?" Minyoung asked as they began walking to Y/n's dressing room. Y/n shrugged,
"I don't know I've never really been phased by my birthday, to me it's just a normal day" she answered. Minyoung nodded slowly,
"Well I guess we'll have to do something special for you this year" she decided. Y/n went to object but was silenced by Minyoung who pushed her through her dressing room door,
"Go get changed and meet me outside!" Minyoung shouted as she ran towards the exit of the venue.

Minyoung ran outside and met the rest of the group at their shared car.
"Where's Y/n?" Dee asked, looking around confused as to why Minyoung ran out alone.
"She's getting changed but I wanted to talk to you all without her" Minyoung said slightly out of breath from running. The other girls nodded allowing their leader to continue talking.
"I want to plan a surprise party for Y/n's birthday next week" she suggested. The other members nodded ecstatically, Piper jumping up and down out of excitement.