happy birthday.

they have one more stop of tour. it's payton's birthday today.

Jay Jay🤍🥺
are you going to wish him happy birthday?

i have to. he was my first love. i still love him endlessly. but he broke me.

Jay Jay🤍🥺
i have to go set up. i'll call you tonight.

later jay jay.

Jay Jay🤍🥺
peace out

you start going though photos of you and payton on your phone. tears fill your eyes. all of the fun memories come back. but this is what you post. it's a photo you took of him when you first started dating and you thought it was the cutest. he even posted it on my instagram and it was the first time he got to tag you in a post.

 he even posted it on my instagram and it was the first time he got to tag you in a post

with the caption.

"happy birthday to the boy who taught me more than any teacher or guardian ever could. thank you for all the smiles and laughs. you made me so happy and i'm sorry for everything that has happened between us. i hope you are having an amazing time on tour. thank you for all the unforgettable memories and helping me shape into the person i am today. so cheer to that. happy birthday payt🤍"

you post it on your insta and snap. you DM's are blowing up with questions about your post.

adore.paxton_hossler: why is this all past tense!😭😭what happened?!

lights.out.girl7: awe bb. your fans are always here for you! we miss you on tour.

y/n.baby: "made"?!! what is going on! i need to know. they were power couple.

you shut off your phone and watch Homicide Hunter on Hulu. the front door opens and it's faith. she begins talking to your mom and you try and ignore her. your heart is aching just at the sight of her. while you were lost in your thoughts she had sat down next to you. there's no way out now.

F | hey y/n! it's good to see you. i haven't heart from you in a bit. i was scared.

y/n | no i'm... living.

F | that great! uh, can i watch this with you.

you can't avoid her forever and you kind of like the company. she's your best friend anyways.

y/n | sure.

it's 3 in the afternoon. your mom knocks at your door.

y/n | yes mom!

mom | i made lasagna for dinner. your favorite.

y/n | i'm not hungry.

mom | maybe faith is?

you look at her.

F | yeah. come on.

y/n | i'll be down in a second.

you throw your hair up in a messy bun and walk downstairs. faith is right behind you filming.

F | go on.

confused, you keep walking downstairs. standing right behind the table is an all too familiar face. your jaw drops.

N | hey baby.

you run full speed into his arms. he picks you up.

N | i made lasagna for you.

he whispers as your tears begin to soak his shoulder. you hear him laugh and it warms your heart. this is the purest joy you've felt is awhile. you missed him so much. he doesn't put you down he's still holding you up and your hands are around his neck as you look down at the lasagne on the table.

y/n | you made this?

N | yup.

you give him a kiss while he puts you down. you get a plate and sit at the table with your mom faith and nick. halfway through dinner you mom gets called into work and has to rush out of the house. nick looks at your plate.

N | are you going to eat?

y/n | i'm not hungry.

N | not even for my lasagna?

y/n | no i bet it's good-

N | when was the last time you ate something?

you are silent because you don't want him to know. the last time you remember eating was on the tour bus from boston.

N | y/n!

y/n | i had eggs this morning.

N | you were out of eggs. i had to bring some.

that's when you knew you had to tell him. he puts his arms around you.

N | come one you can tell me. i just want to help you.

y/n | b-b-boston. the b-bus in boston.

N | that was more than a week ago sweetheart.

y/n | i know.

N | you can't do this to yourself.

y/n | what else do i do. i can't eat.

N | you have to. come here.

he sit you on his lap, stranding him. you place your hands on his sides. he takes a small piece of his lasagna and puts it in front of you.

N | take it. it's small.

you look at him. he looks serious. you take the piece of his fork. your stomach turns. you want to spit it out so bad. but you power through and swallow it. nick smiles and gives you a kiss.

N | good job.

you smile.

awe. nick is so supportive. how do you think payton will react when he sees your happy birthday post.