ring.

you wake up the next morning and go on with your last day at playlist. on your way out you get your new phone and fly home with payton. he takes you home.

P  | okay bye. i'll call you after i shower.

y/n | okay. bye.

he opens the door for you and you give him a hug. you are really scared to see your mom for the first time since you got taken to the home. Nial's car is here. you don't know how you're going to react. you throw on your backpack and roll your suitcase up onto the porch. you stand there and stare at your door. 47281 your address was on your door. (i made up a completely random address). you read it over and over. you look at payton who's getting out of his car. he smiles at you.

P | you got this.

he yells. you take a deep breath and hold your fist up to the door. it slowly falls back down. why am i nervous to see my own mother. faint voices can be heard talking and laughing inside. you lift your fist and knock on the door. you stand there waiting for someone to come open the door. the knob turns. it's your mom.

mom | y/n.

she wraps her arms around you. for a second you don't know if you should hug back. but you lift up your arms and hug her.

mom | i'm so glad you're home. i haven't talked to you in over a month. how are you.

y/n | i'm good.

she looks down at your phone.

mom | i see you got a new phone.

y/n | yeah.

you see nial standing behind your mom. he looks like he's trying to hold back tears. as your eyes filled with tears you run and jump into his arms. he picks you up. you hear him sniffle.

y/n | thank you.

you whisper.

Ni | for what?

y/n | helping me.

Ni | of course.

you keep crying. he puts you down and wipes his tears. he helps you take your bags upstairs to your room. you two put away your bags and clean up your room a bit. you catch up and talk about what's new.

y/n | nial guess what!

Ni | what is it?

y/n | me and payton are really really close again.

Ni | seriously!!

y/n | yeah. i missed him so much.

Ni | awe. he made you so happy.

y/n | makes.

you both laugh. it's followed by a bit of silence.

Ni | how would you feel if i proposed to your mom?

y/n | seriously?

you love your mom and you love nial. you want them to be together but... proposal.... already??

Ni | yeah. i mean, i know it's early-

y/n | yeah!

you joke

Ni | but all the things we've gone through together have made up for all the time we lost. maybe i haven't known her for more then a year but i wouldn't be making this decision if i didn't love her and think we would last. but if you don't think she'll be ready, or if you aren't ready, i won't do it.

y/n | no no! do it. my mom has been waiting for a guy like you. and nial you have been such a mentor for me these last few months and there is no way to thank you enough for all the things you've helped me with. i don't think i'd be alive if it wasn't for you. you are the perfect guy for our family. and.... you remind me of my dad.

nial hugs you.

Ni | then i'll do it.

y/n | go get em' tiger.

(do any of y'all remember what chapter that's from)

Ni | you want to go help me pick a ring tomorrow? payton can come.

y/n | yeah!

Ni | we'll plan everything out over lunch.

y/n | okay

you smile. you hear your phone buzzing.

y/n | that's probably payton!

you run over and sure enough. it is. you answer. you and payton talk for hours on the phone. you invited him ring shopping tomorrow. he invited your family over for breakfast in the morning. you pretend to fall asleep to see what payton would do. he was being really cute. you end up actually falling asleep.

cuties.