Chapter 44- Rahne

Rahne's POV

Jezebeth dragged me through a room I had barely a chance to see before throwing me to the ground suddenly. Something slammed shut behind me with a resounding metallic clang, footsteps stomping off to wherever.

Partially groaning, partially growling, I pushed myself up. "YOU CAN'T KEEP ME HERE, LET ME GO," I shouted at the walls, angrily punching the air when there was no response. Glancing over my surroundings, I was finally able to see that room I hadn't been able to before; the room Jezebeth had chosen just happened to look eerily similar to the one Doirich commented on... the only difference was it was less ornate, and instead of tapestries there were paintings on the walls. Additionally, the floors were tastefully decorated with furniture that looked more like it belonged in a torture room. Or was this the torture room... It was already disturbing to see the similarities, the idea it might be used for torture was beyond unsettling.

Okay, breathe... I backed away from the cell bars, focusing on the three walls around me. For whatever reason, they were also painted with bright reds, whites, and golds. I didn't understand the purpose, if this was a cell... did demons just want their prisoners to look at nice things? Unless this wasn't originally a prison. Both unsettling, logical, and something I wasn't going to think about anymore. Focusing back on breathing, I sat down, covering my eyes with my hands and trying to calm myself. Okay... all you need to do is get out of this. You've gotten out of scrapes like this before... now all you need to do is do it again.

I had no idea where I was in relation to everything, but that was a problem for later. First, I needed a way out of the cage. Then, I needed to get away from Jezebeth... that was going to be the hard one. After that, I could worry about getting back to Manitoba, or wherever the hell Gil and the others were now. My mind tried to bring up all the problems with this plan, all of which I shoved back into the recesses. It wasn't helping me to worry over them. Standing up and walking to the bars, I looked around the room for any sort of way that was a possible exit. Like the other room, there was a small opening far up on one of the walls. However, once again, it was too far up and too small to be reasonable. Opposite that was a slightly less grand version of the door I had seen previously. Partially blocking my view were the twelve pillars, this time made of a white stone that looked as if it would be silky to the touch; other than that, there were no other doors in the room.

As luck would have it, something appeared, making me move back from the cell door immediately and pray whatever it was hadn't seen me.

"Jeeeeeeeeezebeeth!" Metaphor's voice screeched. Well, at least she didn't initially appear to have seen me. With a crashing sound, Jezebeth threw the doors open, looking absolutely livid.

"What are you doing here, pond scum!" she growled.

"Jezebeth, you didn't share; we want the girl!"

"What are you, an idiot? Everyone wants the girl. There is a problem, though, I don't share." Jezebeth's fangs were fully visible now, as if she were ready to bite what resembled Metaphor's head off. Trying desperately to not panic, I shrunk back even further, hoping that whatever happened would be to my advantage. As it turned out, it did.

"Why don't you share, you got to play favorite the last time... and Jezebeth doesn't like masters," Metaphor's tone, though attempting to be taunting, failed miserably. Still, Jezebeth didn't take kindly to the comment.

Something animal-like flashed behind Jezebeth's eyes as she lunge at Metaphor, screaming a curse in a language I didn't understand. Fire erupted from nowhere and the ground shook as the two fought, knocking me off my feet. Which seemed to my advantage, as a wave of fire travelled over my head, melting the metal bars down to where I could escape. Though completely pale, I forced myself to move, jumping over the useless bars and dodging the two demons as I ran for the open door. Metaphor noticed me, shrieking and trying to tackle me, something Jezebeth prevented by grabbing the demon's throat. Howling in rage, Jezebeth successfully stopped me from leaving by somehow making the doors slam shut. NO, I kicked the door. Well, now what?