PART SIX

The next few days Zak and I talked about  each other and the baby.  Zak even went to one of mine appointments and started to tear up when the doctor played the baby's heart beat heck, it even made me tear up.  "You're doing good Leann probably your next appointment we can find out if it's a boy or girl" the doctor stated. "Thanks doctor" and she left.  Zak sat down and wiped the tears from his face. 

"I had a feeling you were going to tear up" I stated with a smile.  Zak looked up at me and smile.  "I need to get back to Las Vegas but I'll try to come back to see if you're right or not"he said.  "If you can't I'll send you an email" I stated.  Zak kissed me on my check as he smiled.  We both left the doctor while we were waiting for the elevator my mother showed up with my grandmother. 

"Leann what are you doing here?"she asked.  Zak could read my face and knew I hadn't told my family yet.  "Just picking me up I'm Zak Bagans friend of your daughter" Zak replied holding out his hand.  "Nice to meet you Zak are you my daughter's new boyfriend?".  "Just a friend right now" he replied.  "Well any friend of Leann why don't you join us for dinner tonight" my mother asked.  "I'd love to but, I have to get back for work but it was nice meeting you" Zak replied. 

"I think I left my glasses in the doctor's office can you see Linda,"my grandmother asked.  My mom left as my grandmother smiled at us.  "You two are cute together that baby is going to be a beautiful one" as Zak looked at me with a strange expression.  "Zak meet my grandmother.  Grammie I think you already know Zak"I remarked.  "Grace wasn't kidding about how handsome you are Zakary.  Leann you're going to have to tell your parents about the baby". 

"I know grand mom but I know when they find out dad is going to force me to give her up.  I don't want that or if they meet Zak my dad will force Zak into a shotgun wedding literally"I stated as I put my hand on my stomach.  "Look if you want to I'll push back my flight and be with you when you tell them"Zak offered holding my hand.  "All right Zak but be on your guard" I stated.  "No you didn't leave them there mom".  "Mom I convinced Zak to come to dinner tonight"I replied.  

"That's wonderful I'll make my roast come on mom see you tonight" and left.  I put my head on Zak's shoulder.  "Zak if you have a bullet proof vest wear it" I said.  That night Zak dressed up a bit and so did I.  As we headed into the house Zak stood there looking at it.  "Zak you coming?".  "Sorry just got a weird vibe" he replied as I knocked on the door.  The door opened and my little sister opened it. 

"Leann you came and you brought a date" she said.  "Zak this is my little sister Ariel".  Zak got down to her level.  "I have a niece with that name too"he remarked smiling.  Ariel blushed as we walked in.  "You must be Zakary nice to meet to you" my father said shaking his hand.  "Just Zak please only my mother calls me that when I did something wrong as a child" Zak replied  as my father chuckled.

"I like your sense of humor Zak please sit.  Would you like a drink we have wine, whiskey-".  "I'm driving tonight so I'd like to be clear headed so water would be good" Zak replied.  "Very smart Zak let me see what we have" and my father left.  "You're doing good Zak" I whispered.  "What I wouldn't give for a possession right now" Zak joked.