PART THIRTY-FIVE

When Zak woke up he heard me in a room with Iris. "There we go all nice and clean" I said. "Dada" Iris replied pointing to Zak. "Did you have a nice nap?". "Yeah Leann can I talk to you for a minute"Zak inquired. "Sure just let me put this little girl down". Zak saw the box and walked over to it. "Where did this come from?"he asked going over to it. "A lady dropped it off for you she ordered me not to look in it so I didn't I swear"I replied.

Zak looked inside and in it was the ring he had bought. "I'll wait for you-Dam it"Zak stated putting his arm around his ribs as he felt like putting his fist through the wall. "Ribs still hurting". "Yeah every time I breath"Zak replied. "Go lay down and I'll get you that pain medication the doctor prescribed". "No I don't need it" Zak remarked. "I thought you would of learned your lesson when you had you nose worked on about pain medication. Zak this is worse than that just take the pain medication before you start sounding like you're possessed"I suggested. "All right I surrender" Zak replied acting like he was waving a white flag.

When Zak laid down he put the box in his pocket as I came out with the medication. "Here you go just take this and you'll feel better"I replied. "Yes mommy"Zak remarked in a childish tone which made me laugh. Then Iris kept calling for dada. "I think someone wants a kiss good-night I'll go get her". The phone rang and Zak answered it. "Hello". "So have you done it?"she asked.

"Mom no I haven't I was just about to when my ribs started to hurt so I took some pain medicine and Iris wants a kiss from me". "What did she do to make you take medication for pain twist your arms behind your back, force it down your throat?" she asked as Zak tried not to laugh. "Good-bye mom" and hung up. "Who was on the phone?"I asked coming around the corner with Iris. "My mother checking up on me now where's my little girl" Zak asked.

I gave Iris to Zak and sat next to Zak. Then Zak noticed the box Iris had in her hand. "What's this?". "Dada" opening her hand. Zak took it and opened it to see a man's engagement ring inside (picture above). "I know the guy usually does this but Zak will you marry me?"I asked. Zak chuckled a little as he took a box out of his pocket. "I was about to do the same thing" as he gave me the box.

I opened it and smiled. "It's beautiful" as tears fell down my face. "How about on three we say it" Zak said. "All right three-". "YEWS"Iris replied as we both laughed. "What she said"I said. "Me too" Zak replied as we kissed. "Kissy" Iris remarked as we both chuckled than we both kissed Iris as she giggled.