PART THIRTY

When we got home I called my mother. "What's wrong Leann?"she asked. "I saw dad today he wants us to come home". "That will be a cold day in hell I divorced your father also I would rather go on one of Zak's investigation to place where Sanist did sacrifices"."Tell me how you really feel mom, but it was something dad said that sent chills down my spine. Last night Zak suffered a migraine so our date was put off but nobody expect Aaron knew it happened. As I was leaving dad he said something about it and when he said it I just felt like I was in cement stuck. Mom I know great grandmother was in a cult and dad was apart of Helter Skelter do you think dad might of gotten back into what great grandmother was in".

"I don't know sweetie sometimes I wonder how I fell in love with a man like that"she remarked. "Do me a favor just keep your eye on Iris tonight". "I will baby you and Zak have fun tonight" and hung up. When I came back down Zak was on the phone. "Are you serious how in the world did that happen all right" and hung up. "What's wrong?".  "It seems an investigation we are going to do is being pushed up so I have to leave tonight. I guess it's another rain check on our date tonight" Zak said walking over to me.

"Is it dangerous?" I asked. "A little bit but I remember my picture" as he kissed me. "Before you go my grammie left you something" and went upstairs. I came down and gave Zak a tin box. Zak opened it and in it was an Amethyst rosaries. "Grammie had these made especially for you and was going to give them to you the day Iris was born".

Zak put them on and smiled. "I wish I had them a few months ago" as we chuckled. While Zak packed I was on the phone with my mother. "One of his investigation got pushed up so he's packing right now"I remarked. "Don't worry baby Zak is going to be all right". "I hope so".  The door bell rang and I saw it was Aaron.  "Where's Zak?".  "Here he comes"  as I watched Zak come down the stairs with Iris.   "Iris tried to hide in my luggage". As I took Iris she started to cry. "Hey no cry daddy will be back".

Aaron made a funny face at Iris which made her laugh. "Come on take my bag to the bus" and Aaron did. Zak took Iris and hugged her. "Daddy will be back to read you favorite story to you all right". "Bye bye" she replied which made Zak's heart ache. He gave her back to me and hugged me. "I swear we'll have our date even if we have to go to another state or country" which made me snicker. Zak walked to the bus and got on as we waved good-bye.