PART THIRTY-THREE

As the months went by everyone could tell Zak was happy. As Jay and Aaron were taking a walk they passed a jewelry shop and saw Zak inside looking at rings. "What do you think of this one" as Zak looked at it . "I just don't know I really want this to be special"Zak said to the lady. "She must be a special woman" as Zak smiled.

"I'll take this one,"Zak replied (The ring above). He took another ring out of his pocket. "Can you put it in this band". "If you don't mind me asking why?". "The ring belonged to her grandmother she kept us together when her father was unhappy with us being together"Zak replied. "I'll put a rush on it you can pick it up tomorrow". "Thank you"Zak remarked. When he got outside he saw Aaron and Jay leaning against his car. "What are you guys doing here?"he asked surprised to see them.

"We should say the same about you Zak"Jay remarked. "Are you thinking of asking Leann to marry you?". "I'm not telling the two people who can't keep a secret now get off my car" Zak replied and left. When Zak got home he saw me outside as Iris was throwing the ball to Gracie. Zak stood there just watching when Iris turned around. "Dada" she replied pointing which made Zak smile. I opened the door as Iris ran to Zak.

Zak picked her up and kissed her as she laughed. "Did you get your errands done?". "Yes and I have a surprise for you". He went into his pocket and gave me a envelope. I opened it and I smiled. "A spa day Zak how thoughtful". "I thought it was my time to take care of this little angel" giving her a kiss. I gave Zak a kiss as I went to get my purse. "All right she's allready had lunch and if she starts to yawn put her down for a nap. If she wants a snack I left some carrot sticks for her".

"All right have fun"Zak remarked. "You be good for daddy Iris". I gave her a kiss as they both waved good-bye to me. As Zak was outside with Iris the door opened and his mom walked in. "Zakary" she called out. "Outside mom"he called out. She came out and saw Iris and Zak swinging in his chair. "And me without a camera" she replied. "What can I do for you?" as he stopped.

"I heard you may ask Leann to marry you". AARON, Zak thought. "If you think I'm moving too fast-". "No Zakary I kept praying that you and Leann would get married you two are so sweet together"she replied as Zak smiled. "And I picked out a ring and I have everything planned for this". A knock came to the door. "Mom can you watch Iris while I get the door?". "Sure" as she took Iris. Zak went to the door but when he opened it two guys in dark outfits came in with guns.

"Where's your child?". "With her mother" Zak lied. One of them smacked Zak with a gun knocking him to the ground. "We know she isn't with her mother now where is she?". Outside Nancy saw what was going on and hid with Iris. "Check the back". He came out to a shovel to the head. "You're not taking my grandchild" she said. Then she heard a gun cock as she dropped the shovel. "Now where's the child the master wants her". "Don't tell them mom!!!" Zak yelled as he was kicked in the ribs. "Shut up".

Outside the man heard a child crying but when he rounded the corner he was met by Gracie and a Pitbull who were standing infront of Iris. The Pitbull clapped on his leg as the man yelled in pain. Inside Zak dragged himself to the closet and grabbed a shot gun he had. "Now drop the gun or have a pellet of brains"Zak stated aiming the gun. When I came back I saw police cars and an ambulance.

I ran to the ambulance and saw Zak sitting on a stretcher as Nancy was holding Iris. "Zak" I called out. "Leann". "What happened?". "Some of your father's disciples tried to kidnap Iris" Zak replied as Iris reached out for me. I took Iris as she nuzzled into my chest. The officer came over. "We search the back yard we didn't find any Pitbull" The officer replied. "Wait a minute did you say Pitbull?" Nancy asked.

"Yes one of the men was attacked by a Pitbull black around the eyes-". "With bits of brown and white all around the body" Zak remarked. "Yes how did you know?". "My father had a Pitbull like that but he passed away two years before my father did" Zak explained.

"I think your father sent Zeus down to protect his granddaughter" Nancy thought. "Well we'll take you to the hospital just to make sure you didn't break any ribs". "One thing that shot gun you had it wasn't loaded"The officer stated. "I never keep any of my guns loaded in the house just in case but that guy didn't know" Zak replied winking.